Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,279   Online: 852

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kovacs
    They are similar to the Voigtlanders, but I am told they are a little shorter. I don't have a Voigtlander holders to compare though.
    Yup. Four of them, and a fifth the same size with a slightly different flange (the flange stops a cm from the top, it goes to full thickness). All a little shorter than the Voigtländer holders I have.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh and...

If anyone else wants a tiny little plate camera, there's one here: http://cgi.ebay.de/KW-PATENT-ETUI-KA...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm just trying to keep myself from bidding
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eine sehr schoene Kamera! Wire transfer is not worth the service fee from North America though.

Mine has the triplet Schneider Radionar but is 9x12. The Tessar would be wicked.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Ole -

Although beyond the scope of your original post, I have a question on european style film holder that I hope you could share some light on.
    In a weak moment I bought an Ica 5x7 Universal Jewul in what appears to be very nice condition. It has a spring back, not as a standard US camera does, but it isn't a slide on back like my 10x15 Ica Maximar either. The spring back on the Jewul appears only to open enough for a very thin holder. I took the ground glass off and it appears that the holder must have outside dimensions of about 157 x 208 mm but that the holder must have a rebate to fit over a thin ridge that measures 131 x 181 with an actual film or plate window of about 129 x 170.
    I'm not sure my description is clear enough to make sense but does this sound like any 13 x 18 holder you have heard of?
    Thank you for any information.

Bart

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bart Nadeau
    I'm not sure my description is clear enough to make sense but does this sound like any 13 x 18 holder you have heard of?
    It does - "sound like any 13x18 holder I've ever heard about".

But I don't have any of them - the only single-plate 13x18 holder I have is a Linhof one which is different. I can't find any of them through a quick search through "the usual suspects" either, more's the pity...
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ole -
    Appreciate the info. Can you suggest any dealers over there who might have such things. I Googled them a while back without success. I would like to actually use this camera some time.

Thanks,
    Bart

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Chris, 13x18cm bookstyle holders are very common in Europe. Unfortunately they come in about 100 different external sizes, only one of which will fit any given camera. I was fortunate enough to get a 13x18 plate camera with four matching holders. Three of the holders can take 5x7" film inserts, in the fourth one they will slip. Apart from that I can find no difference between them, even all internal measurements are the same!
    Ole, you are right, on second look, my TP appears to be a 13x18 model. Well, these things might be common in Europe, but certainly not in Canada. Guess I have to scour fleabay a bit more intensively.

Cheers,
    Chris
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole

Ole - Thank you for the suggestions. I will email them.
    Bart

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by big_ben_blue
    Ole, you are right, on second look, my TP appears to be a 13x18 model. Well, these things might be common in Europe, but certainly not in Canada. Guess I have to scour fleabay a bit more intensively.
    A Thornton-Picard should be 5x7", if not half-plate? On the other hand it could be an "export model"... 13x18cm are more a "continental" size.
    Norway

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin