Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,065   Online: 851

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    A Thornton-Picard should be 5x7", if not half-plate? On the other hand it could be an "export model"... 13x18cm are more a "continental" size.
    OK, now you got me seriously confused. The inside dimensions of my holder are 13.1 x 18.1; so it's definitely not a half plate. I got the camera from a guy in Florida actually (America didn't appear to be a prime market for TP's). Anyway, I still only have ONE lonely holder, which doesn't make for extended shooting sessions, LOL. And now I'm worried to hunt for the wrong holder.

Cheers,
    Chris
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by big_ben_blue
    OK, now you got me seriously confused. The inside dimensions of my holder are 13.1 x 18.1; so it's definitely not a half plate. ...
    That certainly looks like the dimensions for a 13x18cm plate camera, yes.

I've also got a camera with only one holder. But in my case that's a good thing, as I discover every time I lift the camera and holder: It's a Russian 30x40cm plate camera...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If I had so many different cameras (in so many different formats) and so many different holders to fit so many different film and plate sizes, I'd go nuts (really, this time)...

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No worries George, I've been nuts for a long time. See the title of this thread...

I currently use 6.5x9cm (two different holders, three cameras), 9x12cm (Voigtländer holders, Linhof adapter, or Linhof Universal holders, or "Regular holders for 4x5" cameras), 4x5" (only regular holders, except I have a 4x5" Linhof Universal holder if I should ever need it), 5x7" (regular holders, plate holder and adapter or Linhof Universal), 13x18cm (Same Linhof Universal, regular holders, and book-style plate holders with film sheaths), 18x24cm (book-style, with film sheath), 24x30cm (book-style again) and 30x40cm (ditto).

And today I was going out to take some 4x5" B&W pictures: A freezer full of film contained every possible size except 4x5" B&W... I shot colour instead.
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ole, are any of your 9x12 holders branded "Contessa Nettel"? If so I'd love to have them. I think they may be the same as Fotokor 9x12, but I've never tried those. If you have any Fotokor holders, I suppose I'd like to try those too. I have only 5 holders for my Contessa Nettel Tessco now, so I'm anxious to get hold of a few more.

By the way, when I say "have them", I do mean "pay for them" of course.

Yours,
    Matt

I've attached some pics to guide you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails botom1.jpg   full1.jpg   top1.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ole,

So you're the reason I can never find holders for my 6.5x9! I have 5 but on a couple the slide doesn't want to go back in and I've ruined a few shots messing with the holder. I would love to get a few more just to be on the safe side.

See you around that auction site

Alan.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Alan, I've got more than I need now. What's your camera?
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ole,

Here's a few shots of my camera and a holder. I had more pics of the inside of the holder but as soon as I loaded them up with film my wife erased the camera and I had to shoot them all over again.

I have no idea what brand this is or how old it may be. I think it's an ICA but I'm not sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICA_01.jpg   ICA_02.jpg   ICA_06.jpg  

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Alan, that looks like a "generic plate camera". There were lots of manufacturers, and they were sold under even more names.

My own example of this is a "Rodenstock" 9x12cm. They usually take the "standard" holders, which the Germans call "Millionenfalz".
    Norway

I recently arranged to buy a 10x15cm Ica Tropica and picked up the correct holders for it with film septums. The Tropica turned out to be a returnable beat up dog, so the 5 holders are available if any one needs 10x15cm Ica tropical double sided holders (similar to those used on Juwels and Favorits)
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin