Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,735   Online: 1023

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Russian FDK plate holders in Mentor 18x24cm View ?

Hi,
    Does anyone know if the Russian made FDK 18x24cm wooden plate holders would work in a Mentor 18x24cm Panorama 2 View camera. The Mentor has the non spring back that uses slide in holders.

I'm sorry that my previous post on needing holders wasn't in the classified section - hope I didn't break any rules or something. I just got confused because I has this question as well.

thanks!

RKNewcomb

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Rather unlikely, I believe.

The FKD is a copy of an older type of wooden Reisekamera. The holders for these (the originals) were more often than not incompatible with any other camera than the one they were made for. The Mentor is a little newer (not newer thanthe FKD, but newer than the "originals") and has a certain degree of standardisation: All Mentor holders fit all Mentor cameras - a truly great improvement!

The best (maybe only) way to get a matching holder is to measure the needed dimensions, and then pester every ebay seller into measuring theirs. I managed to get 3 holders for my 18x24 Reisekamera this way.

BTW - if you give me the dimensions, I'll measure my FKD holders.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin