Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,460   Online: 894

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

9x12 plate holders & cut film

I recently bought a 9x12 Voigtlander Bergheil along with some plate holders. Unfortunately none of the plate holders came with film sheaths so I'm on the lookout for some.
    However I am wondering about the sizing. I also have a 6.5x9 Voigtlander where the plates are 6.5x9 but the cut film is slightly smaller. I presume this is because the film sheaths have to be a bit smaller to fit inside the plate holders.

Is it the same with 9x12? Or to put it another way - when I do get the 9x12 film sheaths, will 9x12 cut film fit in properly?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a couple of 9x12 cameras and film sheaths from at least a half dozen makers. The 9x12 film I've used from Foma and Efke has fit all of them. If you're cutting your own from larger stock, measure carefully.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, that's good to know, because I'm buying film even before I get any sheaths. It's a long term project & I'm sure I can source a few from somewhere. I have a box of Foma & some Agfa RSX on the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ebay Germany is the best place to find film sheaths, although they do pop up from time to time on the other national sites.

If you have any classic camera fairs over there, try and get along to them - that is where I found most of mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too right - I've found some great stuff on German ebay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin