Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,742   Online: 914

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Star Camera Company wet-plate adaptations

So I am now 1 week in to a new obsession with wet-plate and am looking in to purchasing an 8x10 to adapt to the purpose. I've found the Star Camera Company's webpage and they sound like they'd bo the ones to make a wet-plate back for this camera. Does anyone here have experience with them performing this type of work? I'd ask on the wet-plate forum but I've emailed Quinn twice last week to join without a response. I'd presume he's busy doing his own work, something which I could learn from! :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You might also try asking on the Civil War Reenactors Photography Forum.

In addition to Ray Morgenwick (sp?) of the Star Camera Company, Wayne Pierce also does conversions and makes some wetplate gear. Both Ray and Wayne post regularly on that forum.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I highly recommend Wayne Pierce for this type of work. He made an 11x14 wet plate back for my Korona and his work is top notch.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Both these guys are working, practicing wet-plate photographers. They know what they are making.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In the next few days I will be putting up for sale an American Optical Scoville 11x14 camera that has an unused Wayne Pierce 10x12 inch wetplate back complete with an 8x10 reduction insert. Beautiful, with new bellows, just add a lens and your ready to shoot.
    Stay tuned.
    Robert N.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We spoke with Ray on a few occasions about two years ago regarding a back for my 8x10. While we ended up doing something a bit different ourselves for the tintype work, I still wouldn't hesitate to use him.

My .02 cents.
    Last edited by Dorothy Blum Cooper; 01-12-2008 at 07:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    Robert, your are a tease, then again so is Dorothy's avatar. Drool Drool hubba hubba

Over on the civil war whatcha ma callit there is a book that some one has, which shows how to make one of these backs. I am trying to find the author's e-mail.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This American Optical Scovill wetplate camera is listed over on the Civil War wetplate photographers site.
    http://www.cwreenactors.com/phorum/index.php

When and if I can, I'll list it here for those that are interested.

thanks,

Robert N.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    You might also try asking on the Civil War Reenactors Photography Forum.

In addition to Ray Morgenwick (sp?) of the Star Camera Company, Wayne Pierce also does conversions and makes some wetplate gear. Both Ray and Wayne post regularly on that forum.
    hi all,

i am having trouble with this website listed above. i ca not log in. i tried to create a new name but it still does not work. i am unable to find any "contact webmaster" button or area. can some one help? can some one geta message "IN" so i can go play?

thanks

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You don't need to have a username/login to READ the postings. You can just click on 'Forum List'. You might be able to scrounge an email contact in one of the postings.

Cheers, Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin