Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,512   Online: 1303

Shooter
    Multi Format

9x12cm Ica folding reflex film holders?

I have a very compact 9x12cm SLR which I believe is a Klappreflex-Kunstler-Camera. The model number 755 is stamped into the leather handle. When I obtained the camera, what appeared to be an empty bulk film magazine, marked 742/6 was inserted into the camera back. I'm not at all familiar with these large format SLRs but would there have been a ground glass back for alternative composition and focusing? I have a number of different 9x12 holders but none are compatible with this camera. Is 742/6 the model number of holder that I need? Are there any other holders from different makers that will also fit?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It might be useful if you could post some photo, showing the back etc. One problem with older 9x12 cameras is there was no standardisation of film holder & fitting.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It might be useful if you could post some photo, showing the back etc. One problem with older 9x12 cameras is there was no standardisation of film holder & fitting.

Ian
    Sorry - I'm so old school that I don't own a scanner or any kind of digital image making equipment. I thought that the numerical designation of the film magazine, "742/6", might be a clue regarding the identification of the holders that I require. It seems to be similar to the Zeiss system, ie "number/number" to ID different sizes of holders but i've never been able to figure out which models fit which cameras. Ica aficionados where are you?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's interesting as it's Marco looking for the same information.

Currently I have about 25 9x12 plate holders, and 2 roll-film backs. There is quite a variation in the type of fit and size of the plate holders and I have photographed them and posted the info along with all the dimensions . Some of my holders are Contessa (Zeiss) and have a part number on them 657.

It would be useful to pool information on these 9x12 holders, and we would probably find some of us could swap a few holders amongst us.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-25-2008 at 07:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to all, especially Jerevan for discovering my own two year old post on photo.net that had already answered my question. For those of you who may also be looking for holders for your Klappreflex-Kunstler-Cameras the correct item would be marked 739/6.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin