Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,801   Online: 1064

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks, Ian. This is really useful. I've occasionally thought of getting one of these cameras, because they seem so compact, but the filmholder issue always puts me off.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

9x12 plate holders

Hello:Ian this information is invaluable.Job well done.On another note,can anyone tell me if a Zeiss rollholder #668/2 will fit a Maximar 207/7?.

Thanks,

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Doug, can't help on the Zeiss cameras yet, I have 5 or 6 9x12's and so far they all take the same holders

Just an update the 9x12 holders in the 9x12 Plate holders 1 post also fit 9x12 Patent Etui's of all vintages and an Erneman

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was at an antique shop yesterday and they had a stack (8?) of grey-backed, single sided Kodak 9x12 film holders. They looked pretty clean. If anyone's interested, PM me. I'll need to see what people are willing to pay for them before I go back ONCE to either get them or not if he wants too much $.
    Tracy Storer
    Polaroid 20x24 Studio West
    www.mammothcamera.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    Here are a couple of addenda, without pictures yet.

Voigtlaender 9x12 holders (no identifying number; I suspect all Voigtlaenders are the same): width 97 mm, length 147 mm, locating lip 7 mm (measured at the edge of the holder). I can personally confirm that these fit a Voigtlaender Bergheil and Avus, a Nagel Fornidar 30, and a Photo-Porst house-brand camera that I think was made by Orionwerk.

Kodak 9x12 film/plate holder (no model number; they say "Patent U.S.A. 1,933,823"): width 97 mm, length 148 mm, locating lip 6 mm (at edge). Double flange with the groove in between (I'll post a picture); they fit the same cameras as above.

-NT
    My (Currently only) Voigtländer holder marked "Voigtländer" is 151mm long and 101mm wide. Some more holders arrived today but thanks to this thread I identified them as Linhof holders, 141X101mm. Hmm So it seems I have 1 working holder and 4 extra sheaths. Talk about making every shot count
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hang on in Søren, it's a real painful process finding the correct fit because most sellers don't know how to identify them properly. Those Linhof type holders also fit some Zeiss cameras.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Hang on in Søren, it's a real painful process finding the correct fit because most sellers don't know how to identify them properly. Those Linhof type holders also fit some Zeiss cameras.

Ian
    Yeah but now I'm in doubt. I just found an Inscription on the pouch saying ICA AktGes. Dresden. But then again that just proves the pouch is an ICA.

Edit. Looking at the pics of the Linhof holder I noticed they don't have that "edge" the others have on the side so I'm not sure if mine are not ICA instead.
    Kind regards
    Last edited by Soeren; 11-28-2008 at 06:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format

AAAARGHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post

Ian
    YEAH TELL ME ABOUT IT Just got 4 holders from Old cameras in Vienna.
    Though they are all Voigtländer holders they don't fit my bergheil They are shorter than my only working one and they miss the lip that goes in the slot but are the same with.
    Argh ouch uuhh urgh
    Kind regards
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    We need a propper data-base on APUG !!!
    There is so much knowledge on this site !

Greetings,
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Voigtländer holder that will not fit in Bergheil 9X12 cameras
    lenght 142mm, width 101mm, thicknes 4,5mm. no falz or lip or what ever its called.
    Which cameras will this one fit?
    Kind regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin