Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,230   Online: 741

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    We need a propper data-base on APUG !!!
    There is so much knowledge on this site !

Greetings,
    Peter
    If you post any info you have then we can begin something more meaningful.

Søren, it may well be that I have a roll film back & some holders that will fit your Voigtländer, let me know what size does fit.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you post any info you have then we can begin something more meaningful.

Søren, it may well be that I have a roll film back & some holders that will fit your Voigtländer, let me know what size does fit.

Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    My (Currently only) Voigtländer holder marked "Voigtländer" is 151mm long and 101mm wide. Some more holders arrived today but thanks to this thread I identified them as Linhof holders, 141X101mm. Hmm So it seems I have 1 working holder and 4 extra sheaths. Talk about making every shot count
    Kind regards
    Ian
    151X101 it is
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Ian
    151X101 it is
    Kind regards
    With or without a lip ? I only have one long plate holder, I'll check it when I'm in the UK.

I am looking into having some meta inserts made as they are very simple to make.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    With or without a lip ? I only have one long plate holder, I'll check it when I'm in the UK.

I am looking into having some meta inserts made as they are very simple to make.

Ian
    With.
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 9x12 Bergheil that came with four plate holders. There are some slight cosmetic differences in the backs but they all fit. As already stated the basic dimensions are 100 x 150 with a 7mm locating lip. The locating lip measurements are indicated by the blue lines I added to the photos. One of the holders came with a reducing insert to hold 6.5x9cm plates. That will come in handy as I have plenty of plates in that size. I don't have any 9x12 film inserts however & I'd really like to get some as I have film that I can't shoot because of this. I've nothing to trade but I do have money.
    I've also included a detail of the top corner of the camera back to show the cutaway that the locating lip has to fit with. Best advice I read when first researching plate cameras was to buy one that comes with holders that fit the camera. Unless you already have a good collection of holders it can be difficult to get the right ones. Thanks to Ole for that tip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bergheil 9x12-holder a.jpg   bergheil 9x12-holder b.jpg   bergheil 9x12-camera back.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry i can't post any pictures but I don't have a digital camera yet. I have a Certotrop 9x12cm. The Certo holders are very similar in appearance to Ian's Orion/Rodenstock holders way back in the beginning of this discussion. The measurements are 100mm wide by 150mm long with a 5mm locating lip. I also have Kodak and Zeiss Ikon 665/7 holders that fit, each having the same dimensions as the Certo holders, although there is a slight variation on the way the long edges are formed. Instead of a plain flat edge, the Kodak and Zeiss holders have a groove running along each side up to 5mm or so from the top, where the locating lip would be on the Certo holders. Different appearance, same functionality.
    My Patent Etui 9X12cm takes 100mm by 140mm holders with a tiny 1mm locating lip at the top. Although the overall width is the same as the Certo, Kodak, and Zeiss holders, the latter holders will not slide freely into the Patent Etui because the width of each tracking edge is fractionally larger. I am using 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inch film sheaths because I cannot find 9x12cm sheaths here in the US. I also have been unable to find 9x12cm "IDEAL" holders for an ICA 225 and Zeiss Ikon Ideal that I also have. I keep checking the auction site and specialty dealers here but haven't had any luck. Does any one know of other sources in in this great big world that may be able to help?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All the 9x12 holder I have that will fit my Orion Werks & Rodenstock, (and scrap Ernemann) cameras will fit both my Patent Etui's.

In a couple of weeks when I'm back in the UK the idea has been to start a swap thread for 9x12 holders to pass on the spares we have that don't fit our own cameras and hopefully get ones that do in return. I'm fairly sure I have one for Søren

Also I'm looking at getting a few 9x12 film sheaths fabricated, they aren't difficult to make, there was some discussion in another thread. It's taken me three years of searching to find some sheaths, I only need 6 maybe a dozen more.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ian, if you do succeed in fabricating the 9X12 sheaths, what are the chances of making a few 10x15cm? I have six double sided plate holders for my Toska 550 but have only been able to find three film sheaths (courtesy of Ole) in three years of sporadic looking. Unfortunately I am not very handy at any kind of fabrication. In addition, I am now the proud owner of an Ica Ideal 525 (10x15cm) but do not have any holders for it. I wonder how many years it will take to find those.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You've just reminded me I left an adapter with a sheet metal compan 2 weeks ago, they felt they should be easy to make. I'll check it out tomorrow or Friday.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mferrarini View Post
    Ian, if you do succeed in fabricating the 9X12 sheaths, what are the chances of making a few 10x15cm?
    The company I've used for sheet metal work for the past 20 or so years couldn't make the adapters because they just don't work with metal that thin. I had to go elsewhere hence the delays, plus in the UK there were many holidays for Easter, Mayday etc, and much of the time I was away from base.

You need 0.3/0.4mm sheet to fabricate adapters, and a former of hardened steel approx 0.25mm to simulate the film and bend the edges around. The problem I ran into was the fabricators didn't have the sheet in stock & so it wasn't economic as they had to buy a whole sheet and I needed less than 2% of a sheet to make quite a number of adapters. If I'd visited a few other fabricators I might have struck lucky unfortunately my time was limited. I did get some new blades made for a 20"x24" Beard Masking frame and that cost me £2 ($3.20) so it can be done.

My dalliance with 9x12 blows hot/cold because of weight restrictions when flying, I still need to bring a developing tank and plate holders etc, and my baggage is always over weight, but once they are here I can start using them in earnest.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin