Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,844   Online: 915

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've just acquired a Welta 9x12 and need to know what film holders would go with it. From what I can make out, it seems the narrow edged lip is the deciding factor and might be the one known as the "normalfalz", is this right?
    I attach a couple of pics of the GGS holder and would like to draw attention to the step at the bottom of it - this step rides up onto a lip at the bottom of the camera back - does this make it an odd one out, or is this normal?
    Many thanks for all pointers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Welta holders

I recently bought another Welta which came with two Rhaco holders that fit the first one, although there's a difference in length, they being a bit short for the first camera.
    Dimensions are 100mm wide x 138mm long with a 1mm lip on the long edges. Thumbnails one and two are of a Rhaco short plate.

Thumbnails three, four and five are of an AP Paris film holder that fits the Welta long body, but a slightly tight fit that will probably get a bit better with use and some candle wax on the edges. They have the internal dimensions for a 9x12 plate and not, as I first suspected, an old Imperial size. Overall size is 100mm wide and 150mm long with an edge lip of 1mm.

I also have a Rada rollfilm back that fits the second (short) camera, but because the Rada's got a groove instead of a lip the matching groove on the long body Welta is slightly too thick to accept it. This is a bit of a pita, as the Rada back would centre properly on the long body, whereas it's always a bit too far up on the short one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Imgp9157.jpg   Imgp9183.jpg   Imgp9184.jpg   Imgp9185.jpg   Imgp9189.jpg  

Last edited by Farside; 08-21-2009 at 05:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,

I have 6 film holders 9x12 (Zeiss Ikon, Voigdlander) with sheaths and it seems they are all made by someone and they look grate. I have not yet use them with my new Voigdlander Bergheil but all exterior sheaths size are 89x120mm. So 1mm less than nominal 9x12 film size (interior about 1,5mm less).

Does it matter for keeping film flat or for film loading?
    Does nominal film size are exactly 90x120mm?
    Last edited by renes; 09-10-2009 at 10:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need the film sheaths because the glass plates were held differently, you can use card but it's awkward, So it matters for both reasons.

Nominal size is 9x12 actual size maybe slightly less, there will be an ISO standard, now.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format

Unknown 9x12cm plate holders

I acquired these 9x12cm plate holders in order to obtain the film sheaths that were inside them. Although not quite up to the standards of Zeiss or ICA, these double sided holders are nevertheless precision built and have similar design features. They won't fit into any of my cameras. The larger model measures 111 x 167 x 15mm. The smaller is 111 x 158 x 12mm. Both have a 2mm wide lip along each long side. Both have small notches in the valley between the sides, to receive a locking pin on the camera body. Each dark slide is locked in place by a spring type mechanism that is squeezed to release it. The dark slides on the smaller model have metal "tongues" that fit into notches in the holder body. On the larger model two screws with round heads protrude from the body. The holders have metal handles with rectangular cut outs that "catch" the screw heads. Squeezing the handle releases it. Can anyone help to identify these holders?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1070063.jpg   P1070076.jpg   P1070077.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Having just acquired a very good condition Voigtlander Avus in 9x12 configuration and seeing some very lovely photos taken with another Avus on the internet (while researching this camera), now I want some film holders. Since I don't do plates, it is important to me to get holders that have those special sheaths Ian talks about.

So, anyone know if the Leitz Wetzlar anlegefalz 9x12 holders will work for a Voigtlander Avus? I've gone through all the other listings for sale and ruled everything else out. If anyone knows the answer to this question... then maybe I can get my hands on ONE film holder. Here's a photo of the one in question (this came from the seller).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LeitzHolder.JPG  
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
    So, anyone know if the Leitz Wetzlar anlegefalz 9x12 holders will work for a Voigtlander Avus?
    It doesn't look so. I understand that you're eager to start using the camera, but relax and check eBay every day and you will soon find original Voigtländer plate holders. I bought around twenty 6,5x9 plate holders for my Voigtländer Bergheil within a few months after getting the camera, and nine 9x12 after I bought my 9x12 Avus (and later also bought another Avus plus a Bergheil 9x12).

They are fine cameras and fun to use.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Medium Format
    9x12 holders with film sheaths do come up, I was frustrated for a while, but then found 12 very good Kodak ones. I love my 9x12 camera, 4 different lenses + Rada roll film back
    and masks for 6x4.5, 6x6 and 6x9, it's a really wonderful system. Sometimes I miss the squarer 4x5 format, but 9x12 is very elegant. I like the ground glass and find that I take more time
    for fotos and am happier with the results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Lukoszevieze View Post
    9x12 holders with film sheaths do come up, I was frustrated for a while, but then found 12 very good Kodak ones. I love my 9x12 camera, 4 different lenses + Rada roll film back
    and masks for 6x4.5, 6x6 and 6x9, it's a really wonderful system. Sometimes I miss the squarer 4x5 format, but 9x12 is very elegant. I like the ground glass and find that I take more time
    for fotos and am happier with the results.
    I got three from one of those buy-it-now sellers on eBay for $20! Just shot them yesterday first time with some hand cut HP5. Developed last night, got a little light leak going on, but I gotta say those Kodak holders are pretty well engineered but cumbersome in the darkroom. I need to bend one of mine back to normal. Then I'm going to sand down the gritty roughness of the dark slides and clean out the rust on the springs and anywhere I can find it, and then I'm going to repaint the items that were painted black, and dry lube the channel the dark slide goes down so the dark slide will be super slippery once it is pulled past the end clasp.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Kodak holders I use have a frame that leans out to fit the film sheet under and then this pushes down to hold the film in place. You don't have to slide the sheet in
    like European holders, it is a little tricky but with practice quite straight forward. I also like that the contact prints I make have a clean border, no film notch 9x12cm may seem small for contacts
    but they are jewel-like in their intensity. Have fun with your camera.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin