Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,883   Posts: 1,520,516   Online: 814

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Lukoszevieze View Post
    The Kodak holders I use have a frame that leans out to fit the film sheet under and then this pushes down to hold the film in place. You don't have to slide the sheet in
    like European holders, it is a little tricky but with practice quite straight forward. I also like that the contact prints I make have a clean border, no film notch 9x12cm may seem small for contacts
    but they are jewel-like in their intensity. Have fun with your camera.
    Yes I have a few right here, but I can't share them because my scanner is <cough> needing an ink refill. Imagine! I found I had to go about 40-50 magenta on the color head of the Omega D5XL for the perfect, rich and saturated yet crisp look. I'll share when I get these scanned. Have fun with your camera too! I am already loving my Voigtlander
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

film holders

I got hold of 3 plate holders for the 9x12 cm plate camera which I still don't have identified properly. Short: compur shutter ZDM/IBT with "DF" marked on the front of the shutter time wheel / rodenstock f3.5-13,5cm lens #321392. I will put up some pics to question that issue in another thread.
    Holders are 101x150mm x 4mm thick, edges 2mm 3 way around.

Novice 9x12 question: do I need to replace the green glass and put in a 9x12cm filmsheet to use the holder or do I put the filmsheet on top of the glass?

tnx for your answer!

rhmimac
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0002.jpg   IMGP0003.jpg   IMGP0005.jpg   IMGP0009.jpg   IMGP0010.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The green glass is a plate, ruined by now

You need film inserts to convert the plate holders although a piece of black card will work.

There were many manufacturers of 9x12 cameras often very similar and quite a few used Rodenstock lenses, & |Rodenstock made cameras as well - I have one, my other an Orion Werks also has a Rodenstock lens, both take similar plate holders to yours.

The I is instant whatever shutter speed is set, the B is bulb, shutters open while the shutter release is depreseed (or cable realease) T is time, forts press opens the shutter, the second closes - usually used for focussing, or like B long exposures. (ZDM is the same but German symbols). DF is because the shutters made by Friedrich Deckel who also part owned Linhof.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many thanks Ian.

I'm really up to ordering some Ilford HP5+ 9x12 sheets in order to get some LF negs out of it which I will use for contact prints.

The green glass is a plate, ruined by now

You need film inserts to convert the plate holders although a piece of black card will work.

Just replace the glass with a card and put the film on it? The card must have some thickness to have the springs underneath pushed down I presume. Anything other special to have light leaks countered?

The I is instant whatever shutter speed is set, the B is bulb, shutters open while the shutter release is depreseed (or cable realease) T is time, forts press opens the shutter, the second closes - usually used for focussing, or like B long exposures. (ZDM is the same but German symbols). DF is because the shutters made by Friedrich Deckel who also part owned Linhof.

I assumed the above by playing with the shutter a bit.

rhmimac

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What ever you do always rotate the shutter speed dial in the direction the arrow points when changing shutter speed, the wrong way and the shutter can be badly damaged and won't function.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rhmimac View Post

I'm really up to ordering some Ilford HP5+ 9x12 sheets in order to get some LF negs out of it which I will use for contact prints.
    Or use Fomapan, much cheaper and available in 9x12. www.fomafoto.com

Just replace the glass with a card and put the film on it? The card must have some thickness to have the springs underneath pushed down I presume. Anything other special to have light leaks countered?
    Or you could use a smear of jam to stick the film to the card or thin glass. I've not tried it, but another poster here has and it works.

Shooter
    35mm

Need Holder help!

I have these three plate cameras that I traded with a Dutch Sergeant at Sheppard AFB back in the 80's. They seem to be w/o name except on the lenses. One of the larger ones has the name "HELFIX" on the bed but I can't get that to correspond to a brand name. One of the larger has an unmarked plate holder. The plate holder and the ground glass seem to interchange between the larger cameras. W/o a brand name I don't know what to look for in more plate holders. Should I be looking for plate holders based on measurements and style?

I think I might find a roll film holder for the smaller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3plateCameras.JPG   helfixBack.JPG   helfixLens.JPG   JhageeBack.JPG   JhageeLens.JPG  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Ihagee looks as if it's the same holder as my Ihagee (which was a fairly common holder, shared by several makes). Most of them don't have any particular identifying names or marks, you'll just have to go by auction photographs of them or ask the vendor the size. The thin lipped ones (as you have) vary in length and how snugly they fit down in the slot. It's really just trial and error until you find enough to get you going. Best of luck finding film inserts for them - most of them seem to have got chucked out or lost.

Shooter
    35mm

Roll film back?

Would it perhaps be easier to find a 120 back to fit this camera? (The middle one)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GoerlitzBack.JPG   GoerlitzFocus.JPG   GoerlitzLens.JPG  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Oh, they're still around, I've seen a few on ebugger, but you still have to take a chance on what will fit.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin