Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,911   Online: 859

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's an early Rollex that'll fit the camera and they are quite common. Plate holders are common as well and even ones that look quite rough clean up very easily. 9x12 films quite easy to get mail order, particularly from Europe.

It's easy to make a new focus screen, I've replaced them on all my 9x12's.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm

Glass for backs

This is not the only camera that I have that needs new glass. Do you have a source for the correct thickness of glass? All I can find at DFW glass companies is thicker glass that is probably used for bathroom windows. Does one need to cannibalize one of the parts cameras in the bin?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2mm glass is used for picture framing, there's framers in almost every town. I go to trade glass merchants in the UK, he makes almost all the double glazed units etc, but also carries picture glass, here in Turkey I get off cuts from my frame supplier.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to add these film/plate holders: for the ERKO 9x12 length 139.9 width 100.4 & 4.4 mm thick. lip is 4 mm. No further info on the holders.
    pics are following.
    k.hendrik

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So confused! Anyone venture the difference between Zeiss Ikon plates numbered 665/2 and 665/3??? Saw them both online, don't know the difference...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well the 665/3 has straight sides (edges) with a lip on the bottom edge and is designed for 6.5x9cm film, I've seen two differing versions but they are the same fit/plate size. Somewhere I have a couple of scans with the Zeiss edges and codings I'll try and find it.

665/7's are 9x12 holders but I'm not sure about the 665/2's they appear to also be 6.5x9 with straight sides but possibly a slightly ndifferent fit.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    This is not germane to the above discussion, but should be posted here, I think. I posted it elsewhere before I saw this thread.

The photo below is of two slide-in 9x12 ICA holders I have. They are both the same size (outer dimensions 10x15cm) but have different numbers. Strange.

Jonathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Actually Jonathan that's very helpful....
    Thanks!
    Bob Keene
    "I don't have A-D-D, I have K-I-D-S!!"
    ------------
    Keene Vision Photography
    www.keenevision.com
    ------------
    Darkroom Photography Activity Head
    @Nobles Day Camp(Summers)
    ------------
    Beginning Digital Camera Instructor
    New England School of Photography
    Boston, MA
    -------------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The German 1931 Zeiss Ikon catalog lists the 665/3 as a 6.5x9cm plate holder. This is for the slide-in holder type cameras. The 667/2 and the 668/2 are listed as 6.5x9cm film-pack holders, not sure how they differ, but they also seem to be for the slide-in type cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately some pre Zeiss Ikon cameras were still being made by factories which had come together to form Zeiss Ikon and while Zeiss rational ised slightly there were still some variations in the backs and plate holders.

No-one has produced an article or webpage that illustrates all the variations. What doesn't help is that many holders have no numbers or makers name.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin