Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,318   Online: 1148

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

9x12 Plate holders 1

Because there are so many variations of the holders I've measured & photographed what I currently own. It would be useful if anyone can add further variations and also the cameras they fit.

These two fit a Rodenstock 9x12 and an Orion Werks 9x12

details

Width 100mm, length 139mm
    note the small locating lip at the top
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-25-2008 at 07:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: posted without images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

9x12 Plate holders 2

Again these fit a Rodenstock & Orion Werks 9x12

The Contessa Nettel code is 657

details

Width 100mm, length 139mm
    note the small locating lip at the top
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-25-2008 at 07:13 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

9x12 Plate holders 3

The first will fit the Rodenstock or Orion Werks 9x12's but is longer than normal.
    The details show why the second one won't fit.

details

First: Width 100mm, length 1145mm
    note the long locating lip at the top

Second: Width 100mm, lenght 139
    note the long locating lip at the top, this prevents it's use in the Rodenstock & Orion Werks as it won't slide in afr enough and leaves a large gap at the bottom.
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-25-2008 at 09:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

9x12 Plate holders 4

These will fit an early Linhof, and have no thin edge strip.

Width: 100mm Length: 141mm

It would be useful if anyone else can add further information, particularly what types each camera will accept as finding the correct 9x12 holders can be quite difficult.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-25-2008 at 09:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wrong photo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll try to find time to check dimensions when I get home, but I believe your first group are what was called "Normalfalz" and would also fit Voigtlaender, some or all Ica and Ihagee, at least the Nagel Kodaks, and a lot of oddball cameras (house brands and such).

Thanks for starting the ball rolling on this; it's a really valuable body of information and hitherto doesn't seem to have been available anywhere.

-NT
    Last edited by ntenny; 06-25-2008 at 11:51 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I keep forgetting not to use HTML entities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Roll film holders

Here's a couple of 9x12 fit Rollex roll film holders, nominally 6x9, both give a frame size of 56mm x85mm with slightly rounded corners.

Edge details

The left hand Rollex fits the Rodenstock & Orionwerks cameras, the edge details shown here are similar to the plate holders.

The right hand Rollex fits an early 9x12 Linhof.
    Width of holders: 99mm (100mm Linhof fit) Length 150mm

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-26-2008 at 10:41 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: amended widths

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are a couple of addenda, without pictures yet.

Voigtlaender 9x12 holders (no identifying number; I suspect all Voigtlaenders are the same): width 97 mm, length 147 mm, locating lip 7 mm (measured at the edge of the holder). I can personally confirm that these fit a Voigtlaender Bergheil and Avus, a Nagel Fornidar 30, and a Photo-Porst house-brand camera that I think was made by Orionwerk.

Kodak 9x12 film/plate holder (no model number; they say "Patent U.S.A. 1,933,823"): width 97 mm, length 148 mm, locating lip 6 mm (at edge). Double flange with the groove in between (I'll post a picture); they fit the same cameras as above.

-NT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've double checked the widths of my plate holders and they vary between 98.5mm/99mm, except the Linhof fit type which are 100mm.

Ian

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

9x12 plate holders 1

Hello Ian:I noticed your thread regarding various plate holders and I would like to add this item.The ground glass back for my Goerz "Mystery Camera" is as follows:the lip is 3 mm, the length (from top to bottom) is 144 mm, the width (from outer edge to outer edge) is 108 mm and it is 3 mm thick.Any ideas as to what holders will fit ?.

Thanks,

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doug, the width of the focus screen back is deceptive because it's usually wider than the plate holders, often overlapping slot is. the guides that take the holders.

You need to see how thick the guide slots are, I don't have a micrometer but the Linhof fit Rollex is approx 3.5mm thick at the edges. It sounds like they might fot your Goerz.

Ian

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin