Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,412   Online: 753

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

adapt-a-roll 620 film holder

Hellooes anybody know if the 2x3 version of this roll film holder will fit a Zeiss Maximar 207/7 plate camera ?.

Thanks

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No specifics, I'm afraid, but there is no flange on the edge of the Adapt-a-roll, and it's a bit thick for any of the plate cameras I have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had one of those things for a long time. Never could figure out what to do with it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzart View Post
    I've had one of those things for a long time. Never could figure out what to do with it!
    It's actually a pretty neat piece of gear, and will load 120 with no problems as long as you have the 620 take-up reel. I use mine with a Busch Pressman C. One of it's advantages is that the film, going through the system backwards (paper in, film out) is held quite tightly, and the 6x9 format has fewer flatness issues than with some other holders.

Of course, loading the thing is a bit weird the first time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whitey, you left out the, um, best part. AAR 620s will give nine (9) shots on a 120 roll. If you don't believe me, run a scrap roll through and mark the edges of every frame.

bowzart, AAR 620s slip in like cut film holders, are the best solution to shooting roll film on 2x3 and 3x4 cameras that have spring backs. The very similar Calumet C-2 is for 4x5 only, bot most of the ones sold shoot 6x7. 6x9ers exist, are uncommon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm, sounds like I need to find the thing. I believe it is a 6x9, which is a favorite format of mine.

Thanks, this is very useful information.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

adapt-a roll 620 roll film holder

Hello All:Thanks for your input and info.How do you focus with this holder,do you use the rangefinder or do you use the groundglass and insert the holder after focusing ?.

Thanks again,

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    Hello All:Thanks for your input and info.How do you focus with this holder,do you use the rangefinder or do you use the groundglass and insert the holder after focusing ?.

Thanks again,

Doug
    I have a range-finder that is set to the 101mm lens on the camera. After checking it through a few rolls, I have come to trust it, though I'm not sure I trust my eyes all of the time!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Hey Whitey:Thanks for the info.As soon as it comes in,I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks again,

Doug

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Hello All:Just got the holder the other day.Can someone tell me how to set the frame counter up ?.There appears to be two sets of numbers and two start points indicated by a "S" engraved on the take up spool wheel.One set starts at one and stops at 8 and the other starts at one and stops at 11.Where is the stop point on the inside of the holder to tell you to stop winding the film and close the back to expose the first frame?.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin