Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,098   Online: 1255

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by leighmarrin View Post
    Should you find a 9x12cm FILM PACK ADAPTER, these can be easily made into ground glass backs by gluing a chunk of glass inside.
    I've done that, but I used plexiglass with scotch magic tape instead of glass. Easy to focus on, light weight and almost unbreakable.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    By the way, I got two Ibsor shutters running again after a quick simple fix last week. You open the shutter from the back, by unscrewing the four screws. Remember where the shutter blades should go (they are numbered). Small drops of naptha on the speed gear axles, and then tiny amount of fine oil, was enough for my Ibsors.

Ibsors are simpler and cheaper than Compurs, but not bad. B and T are on the same wheel as the speeds, and there's no need to cock the shutter, making it fast to work with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ibsor3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    The Avus was the "mid-level" Voigtländer plate camera

The VAG was a cheaper camera, the Bergheil the more expensive one.
    What exactly were the differences?
    I got offered a Bergheil and an Avus from two different sources.

Eugen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post

Eugen
    Nice way to resurrect a 3 year old thread! The Avus has rise and shift and a double extension bellows. The Bergheil has all that and a drop bed. Plus the wire frame connects to the front standard (so it shifts and drops with the lens). Also most Bergheils had a bayonet for a few accessory lens/shutter units made for the camera. Good luck finding those unless you are rich. Could be wrong about this, but the Avus and Bergheil have a standard back (as standard as those things were at the time) so plates were interchangable between the cameras along with the Certo Bee-Bee and Nagel Recomar. Makes finding a rollfilm back much easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rusbarsky View Post
    Could be wrong about this, but the Avus and Bergheil have a standard back (as standard as those things were at the time) so plates were interchangable between the cameras along with the Certo Bee-Bee and Nagel Recomar. Makes finding a rollfilm back much easier.
    This is right. The only thing I can't speak to is the Certo Bee-Bee, but I regularly interchange backs and holders among a Bergheil, an Avus, and a Recomar.

I may be wrong, but I think only the Bergheil was available with the Heliar, which (at least in a good sample) can be one hell of a lens. (The Avus seems usually to have a Color-Skopar, which is a perfectly good Tessar type.)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The box for my Suydam 6x9 rollfilm back has the Bee-Bee on the list of compatible cameras but I've not tried it myself. Of course the Heliar is a great lens, it's a Voigtlander! The Skopar is no slouch either.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    It depends on how old they are. The later Bergheils have a bayonet lens mount, better finish and Heliar lenses. The Avus of the same age have Skopar lenses. Both are fine cameras, double extension bellows of very good quality.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin