Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,193   Online: 850

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Søren, http://www.ukcamera.com/classic_cameras/camindexe.html is a mirror of Tigin's old site.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah - Jerevan beat me to it.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nah... your link is probably better, Ole.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Søren, like Ole says info is very scattered, it's also fragmented by language. That's why it's so important to share our info here, but unless we get more people to share information we can't really progress.

Like you I found a few reference's to Tigin and some of his pages but not much of use. That included the link ole's just posted.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A warning concerning plate holders: Never buy a Zeiss (or Ica) ideal without holders! I have one (a lovely 9x12 camera with interchangeable lenses). But it can only use the very special clip-on holders made for this camera and no others! It has taken me several years to collect the 10 usable holders I now have. People usually don't know what camera they fit, so you'll only get them when there's a photo thats clear enough to identify them. If you've got the holders, you'll never find a good camera at a reasonable price, so sell them to me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could you photograph them and post the details on the 9x12 holder thread I started - its now sticky so at the top. (check if they are there already).

That's just the info we all need to collect. I discovered a thread about holders that fit KW Patent Etui's and by going to those pages found I have holders that fit, should add I'm in Turkey the holders are in the UK - and the camera's are being sent to the UK too.

It maybe we have to arrange holder swapping it's just like wife swapping only more invigo............. boring and normal.

Problem is Zeiss didn't use one standard. That's probably due to the way the Zeiss Ikon compay came together and amalgamated into one feuding whole.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll try to post a photo, but am a little too busy right now. In the meantime, I can tell you that the Zeiss Ideal 9x12 holders have the number 726/7 stamped on their back. /7 is Zeiss's code for 9x12 size. they used /2 for 6,5x9 and /9 for 10x15. They used this system for the cameras too, with the exception that when it comes to cameras the 6,5x9 size is called /3. All this is taken from my reprint of the 1936 Zeiss Ikon catalogue (except that I own a Zeiss Ideal 250/7 9x12 with holders).
    I also have som Ica holders that have the number 726/6 (also 9x12), so Ica obviously had another size-code system. The more common holders that fit Maximar and Trona (and the Miroflex SLR too) have the number 665/7 etc. Lastly, I can also mention that I have one nameless holder for the Ideal, obviously not original Zeiss since the construction is a bit different and unusual.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, I've had some emails & PM's asking about Zeiss code numbers, so I gave a link tom some Zeiss catalogues.

Am I right in thinking that the Ideal takes different holders to the Maximar ? My guess is that the Ikon model range is derived from models from the companies who formed Zeiss Ikon, and the holder type differ for taht reason.

I may have some film holders to swap, I have a number that don't fit any of my 9x12 cameras,as well as a Rollex back. As far as I can see they fit Maximar's.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I saw a post by Ole somewhere about the "plane of focus"? being different for Plates and sheetfilm in the adapted holders. Is this true?
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The plane of focus won't be any different because the plate or film emulsion rest against the same guides. The adaptor is there to ensure the film lies flat and is pressed against those guides.

Ian.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin