Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,096   Online: 844

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

whole plate t-max sizes

I see Glazer's lists T-max as 6.4 x 8.4. Is this the same as whole plate?

Edit: Is there a shop that has the ilford whole plate in stock, or do I need to wait for this years order?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need to check the Kodak catalogue, but Whole plate is a British film size and has been uncommon for quite a number of years, I've never seen it on a shelf anywhere for over 30 years & I have a whole plate, half-plate/5x4 camera.

It'll be special order from Kodak & Ilford. But 5x7 International film holders are the same size.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It'll be special order from Kodak & Ilford. But 5x7 International film holders are the same size.

Ian
    Incorrect. 5x7 international film holders are the same exterior size as "HALF-PLATE" holders, or rather international common Lisco Regal type half-plate holders are the same outside dimensions as common 5x7 film holders.

Whole plate is much bigger holder. About half-way bigger between 5x7 and 8x10 holders...as I look at mine here before me..actually closer in size to 8x10 it seems to me.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It's just that I expected the film size to be 6.5 x 8.5 rather than what Glazer's is listing. I know there was some whole plate done in last years' ilford special orders.

Thanks for the replies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whatever size Glazers list it at, it is whole plate. Ilford special orders come up at intervals but I haven't heard when the next one is to be. Another source is www.sheetfilm.be for Efke film. And another is the Canadian large format site. Or, for another reasonably priced solution, get the Chinese ERA film in 7x17 and cut it down.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sean accidentally deleted the thread here explaining it.

There was a long thread here going into extensive detail about the size of that whole plate TMY-2 which Sean accidentally deleted while (if I remember correctly) combining it with another thread.

See my posts in this thread

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=35995

for an explanation of the film's dimensions. Note that, to facilitate the order, I bought 30 boxes. This is way more than I can use and my wife would dearly love to have a bit of her freezer back. Send me a PM if you'd like some film at cost.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
    I see Glazer's lists T-max as 6.4 x 8.4. Is this the same as whole plate?

Edit: Is there a shop that has the ilford whole plate in stock, or do I need to wait for this years order?
    it is a curious measurement isn't it! it would just barely catch/fit and not fall through, it wouldnt want to be any smaller! i wonder if its a miss print or not...on another page they say they have 6.5x8.5 film in stock

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by outwest View Post
    Whatever size Glazers list it at, it is whole plate. Ilford special orders come up at intervals but I haven't heard when the next one is to be. Another source is www.sheetfilm.be for Efke film. And another is the Canadian large format site. Or, for another reasonably priced solution, get the Chinese ERA film in 7x17 and cut it down.

the wephoto film (the sheetfilm link you provided) is good vaule (only about 12 euro for 25 sheets of 9x12 i think as well).
    but they are out of stock of whole plate, have been for a long time as a remember.
    Last edited by Anastigmatic; 01-03-2009 at 05:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    Incorrect. 5x7 international film holders are the same exterior size as "HALF-PLATE" holders, or rather international common Lisco Regal type half-plate holders are the same outside dimensions as common 5x7 film holders.

Whole plate is much bigger holder. About half-way bigger between 5x7 and 8x10 holders...as I look at mine here before me..actually closer in size to 8x10 it seems to me.
    Quite right, while I have both formats, half & whole plate, I've never used them as films not been nreadily available

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastigmatic View Post
    the wephoto film (the sheetfilm link you provided) is good vaule (only about 12 euro for 25 sheets of 9x12 i think as well).
    but they are out of stock of whole plate, have been for a long time as a remember.
    They don't stock 7x17 either. The key is to order it and wait for delivery. It takes some patience, but I received my 7x17 and 2.25x3.25 and plan to order another shot of both in the coming weeks. Next order is early February. Add a few weeks to process and another few to get across the pond and I can get another batch of odd sized film by end of March. 2 months is a lot less wait than an annual film run. If I can work with both, all the better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin