Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,513   Online: 1038

Shooter
    Multi Format

Plate Holder recources (Where to buy)

I have tried Leica shop, Old cameras and searched E-bay. Does any one know of places that have holders for my Bergheil 9X12?
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They do show up occasionally at the usual suspects for old equipment---KEH, Pacific Rim Camera, and so on---but I think most people end up buying cameras from eBay to get the holders that come with them. I've done reasonably well that way, though the descriptions of condition can be pretty creative. (I've got one holder in "very good" condition that I still haven't been able to get open, and some others that are basically giant light leaks with a little bit of metal wrapped around them.)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are always plenty of 9x12 plate holders on Ebay, mostly from Germany, it's worth logging into Ebay.de (same Login details work across all Ebay sites, US, UK, Germany, Italy etc) but I've also bought from Slovenia, usually the best are in sets of three with a wallet. The problem is sellers aren't always certain of what they are selling and so unfortunately you have to buy without being totally sure of the exact type and fit.

Re-furbishing the holders is quite easy, usually a quick rub with some wet & dry removes all the rust & loose paint and a quick spray with black or dark grey primer then satin black paint. The velvet light seals are also quite easy to replace. In fact the first holder I restored was the one in by far the worst condition, jammed shut like Nathan's and quite rusty, and it's fine now.

I wish there was an easier way to buy the right ones but I've not found it yet.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    I have tried Leica shop, Old cameras and searched E-bay. Does any one know of places that have holders for my Bergheil 9X12?
    Kind regards
    time and patience is all i can suggest, i remember seeing a very excellent set of three on ebay not so long back--they didnt sell for too bad a price, only one or two bids from memory, although i cant remember the starting price but it wasnt too high. I also remember seeing some sold with a pouch that looked very good as well for an ok-ish price...they do come up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least 9x12s come up relatively frequently. 10x15s are really hard to find.

I was really lucky that my 9x12 Bergheil came with 2 envelopes of 3 holders each, all with film inserts. Plus others I've picked up here and there I've got 12 holders to take out on a shoot. So far I've found that holders by Ihagee and ICA fit interchageably with the Voigtlander holders. I also have bought more or less blindly from German eBay with about a 75% success rate. Just keep your eyes open and remember that some sellers may not know what they have and are not using words that fit your idea of a proper description.
    Benno Jones
    Seattle, WA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bennoj View Post
    At least 9x12s come up relatively frequently. 10x15s are really hard to find.

I was really lucky that my 9x12 Bergheil came with 2 envelopes of 3 holders each, all with film inserts. Plus others I've picked up here and there I've got 12 holders to take out on a shoot. So far I've found that holders by Ihagee and ICA fit interchageably with the Voigtlander holders. I also have bought more or less blindly from German eBay with about a 75% success rate. Just keep your eyes open and remember that some sellers may not know what they have and are not using words that fit your idea of a proper description.
    Go ahead just rub it in
    My rate of success buying loose holders is 0. The only working one i have is the one that came with the camera.
    I got some ICA holders that wont fit my Bergheil
    Ok I keep on looking.
    Kind regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Søren, as soon as I'm back in the UK probably we'll have to do a comparison session of all our odd holders that don't fit & do a swap where we can

I'm sure I've suggested this before.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Søren, as soon as I'm back in the UK probably we'll have to do a comparison session of all our odd holders that don't fit & do a swap where we can

I'm sure I've suggested this before.

Ian
    Yes you did
    Hmm thats some commuting you are doing?
    Let me know when you are back in the UK:
    Kind regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin