Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,855   Online: 1004

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bergheil lens to Sinar adapter?

We have seen some atempts on making 4X5" backs fit on 9X12 plate cameras but since the Heliar on my Bergheil is interchangeable I was thinking , maybe a lensboard for my Sinar could be adapted to take the Heliar?
    Any one don that?
    Sugestions?
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    We have seen some atempts on making 4X5" backs fit on 9X12 plate cameras but since the Heliar on my Bergheil is interchangeable I was thinking , maybe a lensboard for my Sinar could be adapted to take the Heliar?
    Any one don that?
    Sugestions?
    Kind regards
    A Sinar can be made to accept absolutely any lens which does not need a panel bigger than 14 cm square. Panels ready-cut with standard size holes are freely available on e-bay (from China) and also of course from Sinar itself. A guy in Switzerland called Peter Nowak
    nowak@intercortex.com
    makes repro panels and will cut odd-size holes if you need this.

PS: I see you have already been given his name on a Scandinavian page!
    Last edited by nemo999; 02-18-2009 at 02:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sure, if you are handy with tools you can make an adaptor lensboard. The Sinar has basically flat lensboards. I have made an adaptor (using the front standard from an old Crown Graphic) to use Crown Graphic lensboards. It should be easy for you if you have basic woodworking/metalworking skills.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know about the 135mm Heliar, but the 150mm Heliar on the Bergheils is in a standard-size Comput #1 shutter. Any lensboard drilled for a #1 shutter will do. Of course putting a proper Bergheil bayonet mount on a Sinar lens board is the most elegant way...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    I don't know about the 135mm Heliar, but the 150mm Heliar on the Bergheils is in a standard-size Comput #1 shutter. Any lensboard drilled for a #1 shutter will do. Of course putting a proper Bergheil bayonet mount on a Sinar lens board is the most elegant way...
    Yes Ole thats the point. I don't want to go all the way but would like to be able to use the lens on both cameras.
    Kind regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think you just need three posts and a springy clasp, right? Maybe you could find some screws with heads that match the post size and use those as posts. Not quite perfect, but might work. Then you just need a springy clasp.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, apart from the spring clasp and being accurate enough when placing the three posts it looks easy enough.

Oh how is that rhyme from "It"
    He ................his fists against the post
    And......................... he saw a ghost

Hmm back on topic
    Kind regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin