Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,325   Online: 1161

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I do have a second original Gandolfi lens board, which has a 1960's Schneider Xenar on it. If I'm going to have a lens permanently mounted on it I would prefer to have a 1920's lens, not a post-WWII one.

So both boards are originals, one uncut, and one cut, then a small plate mounted on it covering the old hole, then a new hole in that for the Xenar.

Unfortunately the boards are on the small side for making adapters to anything else, most of my other cameras use larhe to huge boards. That's why I thought of the TP shutter.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

I wouldn't use the lensboard other than for a lens contemporaneous with the camera. I've made many lensboards for my Gandolfi.
    If you need some nice Barbados Mahogany slices ( not that open grained Honduras stuff) let me know. Be a good project for the machins shop on the rig
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh bloody hell! It's only a bit of wood!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ole, Eddie Hill at Gandolfi only charges £6.00 to drill a lensboard! Sit back and relax knowing it will be done well.
    Alex

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Having Eddie drill the lensboard is an option - but how much would he charge to make me another in a different size? These lens boards are not just a rectangle of wood - the top and bottom edges are profiled to fit in a profile on the "updown board", which again has profiles edges to fit in profiles on the front assembly.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin