Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,173   Online: 1039

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Glass Plate Photography: Special Edition Book...

It's available NOW! This special edition Glass Plate Photography book, created to raise money for charity. It is available from our storefront over at Lulu; it has 42 pages of articles, images, inspiration and information from some of the most well-known individuals in this area of photography - Denise Ross and Quinn Jacobson have both kindly written extensive articles about glass plate photography (and supplied images too), along with additional work by Bernt LÝve Nielsen, Michael Waite, Jay Truman, Bruce Schultz and also from the National Museum Wales and Penobscot Marine Museum. It's also printed in colour.

The chosen charity, Woodlarks, helps disabled children and adults to try out new adventures, whether it's singing around a camp fire or water-skiing! They are currently trying to raise £1.5m to upgrade the very old buildings to accommodate new facilities.

This book is available for free PDF download (130MB) as I recognise that not everyone will want to purchase it, or indeed may not be able to purchase it - but I really hope that you will support both the charity and Creative Image Maker and raise some cash. Whether you choose to download, or purchase, I do hope that you enjoy reading the book.

Thank you,
    David Vickers.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Nice, I'm downloading it.
    If I had the power of money independence, I'd put some cash. But I don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem Prest_400 - I hope you enjoy reading through it; maybe at a later stage when funds allow you'll be able to purchase a paper copy (all the money goes to charity - well the chunk that isn't taken by Lulu!).

Enjoy it, and once you've gone through it, please give us your feedback.

Cheers,
    David.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ordered the printed version, and am perusing the pdf version. Recently acquired and repaired a 7X17 plate holder. Plan to try it out with liquid emulsion, so your special edition is timely. Thanks for putting it together.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Downloading as we speak.
    When I have my net banking in order, I'll buy a hard copy.

thanks for this.

EDIT: the downloading doesn't seem to work... Nothing is happening.
    I'll try later, but for now: nothing
    Last edited by gandolfi; 03-07-2009 at 07:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    @doughowk: Thank you for purchasing a copy - I hope you enjoy it. Funnily enough, I've just got my Pony Premo #4 plate camera up and running so it's given a bit of inspiration too!

@gandolfi: let me know how you get on - if you continue to have problems I'll sort it out so that you could download from the main Creative Image Maker website.

Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To download easily - right click on the "DOWNLOAD NOW" link at lulu, and the click "save target as" and save it to your drive. Sometimes, it helps if you have adobe reader open on your pc before doing this...

Nice work BTW !

thank you.

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Same problem as Gandolfi. Two attempts to download and nothing is happening,
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, for those of you that are having problems with downloading from Lulu, I will put a link from the main CiM website and you can download it from there instead (the PDF will be hosted on the main website as well).

That should be done within the next few hours - so either try downloading from http://creativeimagemaker later this evening, or tomorrow morning. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for making me aware of this problem and giving me the chance to sort something out!
    David.

Thank you.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luvcameras View Post
    To download easily - right click on the "DOWNLOAD NOW" link at lulu, and the click "save target as" and save it to your drive. Sometimes, it helps if you have adobe reader open on your pc before doing this...

Nice work BTW !

thank you.

Dan
    I did as suggested, and this worked fine! (took a little time, but that's ok.)

Thanks for this suggestion!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin