Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,469   Online: 863

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an Avus and a Bergheil both in 9X12 though I got a rollfilm back that fits them. The shutter on the Avus is not well, its the same on all speeds, lighterfluid?????? I have now 4 plateholders that fits, one needs some attention due to rust. I have done two shots with the Bergheil but will soon do more. The Packfilm holder that came with the Bergheilmight be turned in to an extra finder/groundglass.
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh yes, I use mine.

6.5x9cm Voigtländer VAG and Bergheil, 9x12cm Avus and Bergheil, and a "Rodenstock". And 13x18cm and 24x30cm German "Reisekameras". And plate holders for "normal" 4x5", 5x7" and 8x10" cameras (plate formats 9x12cm, 10x15cm, 13x18cm and 18x24cm).

I've also got RADA rollfilm olders for both the 6.5x9cm and 9x12cm cameras, which fit Voigtländer and Rodenstock cameras.

I may have some Zeiss-compatible 6.5x9cm plate holders after buying a box of miscellaneous some years ago. Anyone need some 4x10cm stereo plate holders?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use wet-plates for all sizes from 1/4 plate up to 12x15. But I also shoot old dry plates and had some success with developing/printing them. I intend to use a 9x12 folder as my travel camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use my Pony Premo #4 (5x4) plate camera - but at the moment only with photographic paper in a film sheath. However, I've got some glass cut to size and I shall be buying some gelatin and emulsion soon so that I can pour it on the glass and set about trying this form of photography.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ole, i think i am at the stage now where instead of dreaming about being let loose in toy store or candy store, i want at least 30 minutes for a grab all you can carry and keep, from your place haha (i did say its a dream). you seem to have a bunch of cool stuff. ...we must be talking plate camera, i love these things.

as you probably know, rodenstock didnt make cameras, have you an idea where your rodenstock originated, you can usually tell by the strut shape and also the front standard shape, i have some very nice examples from rodenstock (per say) but, many of them are actually Welta camera, some are from some other makers as well--welta had a close relationship with rodenstock, and rodenstock 'borrowed' from some other makers regularly as well.

such versitile little aperatus these things..as you mentioned Ole, the roll fill backs are very handy, even on the 9x12--with them they can produce some lovely portraits

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, that's why I put "Rodenstock" in quotation marks. The camera is clearly marked Rodenstock, both in the metal and embossed in the leather. It's a very "generic" type with no or few distinguishing design features. I'll compare it with Weltas when I get home.
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Has anyone posted fotos made using a 9x12 folder on APUG I have only found a few? Or maybe I have missed something?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This one was shot with a 18x24cm plate camera, currently residing in Sweden.
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My negatives are in the UK waiting to be printed on my next return

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've picked up a few - a #1 Premo Film/Plate, three 4x5s - Seneca (no markings except for the ones inside the plate holders (came with 3, 2 of which still had plates in them), a 4x5 with no marking but probably a Premo (with 2 holders and a box of plates), and a Cycle Wizard B. I'd like to try them out - the lens/shutter on the Wizard are excellent, the Regno shutter on the Seneca is stuck (are they easy to fix?) but the RR lens is good, and the lens/shutter on the third don't work on T but B/I are okay and the glass is clear. What's the best way to use them? Do I need to make my own dry plates? I was going to try to figure out how far offset the film plane is in a standard holder (if it'll even fit the body) compared to the plate, or I was going to try to get a sheet of film into the plate holder with a backer to get the thickness right. I'm sure someone can tell me what to do to save me the science project and give me more time to shoot.

Dan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin