Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,293   Posts: 1,681,375   Online: 1136

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    It's reassuring to know your not alone. CLICK
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The problem is not just the amount of items I'm accumulating but the time I'm spending hunting around car boot sales and auction houses looking for them ! I'm actually blaming my girlfriend for all this ...... ever since she picked up a mint condition and fully working Kodak Panoram for £2.50 at a boot sale and then sold it online for £375 !! At the time, neither of us knew it's potential value, she just thought it looked cute.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We have our own version of Steven Aichlen's shoe rule. Everytime my wife buys a pair of shoes I can buy three cameras..... eh uhm..... or was it the other way round :rolleyes:
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I thought I had enough when my camera-countometer reached the thirty mark. Then I inherited another thirty which my father has collected.

And I still find myself looking at more!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I temporarily banned myself from ebay to alleviate this problem.:rolleyes:

Walter, I am noticing that in your collection you have the Kodak vest pocket.. so I am taking this occasion to jump in with a side track question.

I have several models of a kodak folder similar to the vest pocket. The below, like that of the vest pocket, is held to the wood frame of the body by metal claws. It does look like they would not bend without breaking if I was trying to open them to release the below.
    I am trying to replace the below of one of my kodak folders.

Any suggestions/ideas as to how I could proceed?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    A box came in the mail today. In this box was an older Bergheil 9x12. When I put it in the drawer with all the other old folders I realized this is becoming a bit of a problem. How the hell did I become a collector anyway?
    I started a year and a half ago with an autographic 2C for $5. Little did I know it would spiral out of control from there. The worst (perspective dependant) is when you buy a "lot" of stuff just to get at a nice looking Seneca, promise yourself you'll get rid of the rest, and then a year later it's still cluttering up your house.

What're you doing putting these things in a drawer? Mine, to my girlfriend's disgust, are on top of every bookcase, piled on top of my table saw in the basement (a whole pyramid of 116 box cameras), covering an entire Ikea Billy bookcase, and a couple of end tables. On the good side, as I point out, they're limited to the basement and one room.

Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    What're you doing putting these things in a drawer?

Keeping the dust off them until I can get a nice cabinet or something. I really bought them to use anyway, so I take one out when I want to use it.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [quote=bill spears;790445

Where does this thing usually end ??[/quote]

I'll let you know.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're darned right you got a problem.....That first camera needs a lens!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't get it....... what's the problem??
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin