Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,717   Online: 1112

Shooter
    Medium Format

Haze in my Skopar (Avus)

I have an Avus 6x9 (dial-set) with serious haze in the air space between the first two groups. This group is cemented into a barrel that screws out of the shutter with no easy way to access the internal surfaces. Any idea how to service this or is it beyond the realm of the amateur? Do later unit focusing skopars also have this problem? Are unit focusing zeiss tessars constructed the same way? I've been passing up a few nice 9x12s as servicing the shutter has not been a problem for me but I'm stymied by that lens.

Regards,
    Matthew

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had the same problem last year, and here's how I solved it:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/4...lean-lens.html

The Tessars and Xenars are easier to clean, as the mount for the middle element is screwed in.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ah...I see the threads! I'll let you know how it works out.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good luck! If you find the Skopar too boring there's many other interesting lenses in size 0 shutters that would fit. I mounted a 130mm Dagor on my 6,5 x 9 Avus.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin