Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,648   Posts: 1,481,286   Online: 722

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Filter size for Bergheil 13.5cm heliar?

I measured it with a tape and it looks like 35mm, but I'm not sure what the pitch is, etc. Is there a standard filter size that would work with this lens?
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Hi Walter.*I have several filters for my Bergheil, and one of them is called OMAG 37 (not original), and I mesured the diameter and it is 37mm, not 35 (I think...).
    It is a "click-on" system, so if you find some a little larger, then you can bend the small "arms" on the filter to make the filter fit.
    I bought a Voightlander SUPERB (twin reflex) and wanted some filters for it. In Prague, I found loads of old filters for the Czeck "Flexaret" camera, and even though they have slightly larger filters, it was easy to make them fit. And they were almost for free....

These would normally have been used with 37mm push on filters and hoods
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It takes 37mm push-on (also called "slip-on") filters. The threads are only for the front element retaining ring and unusable for filters.

Until recently, push-on filters were available new from B+W and Heliopan. But there are lots of 37mm push-on filters on the used market, since many cameras used that size.
    Last edited by JPD; 05-04-2009 at 03:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin