Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,799   Online: 1069

Shooter
    Multi Format

Contact printing frame question, plus nice surprise.

Picked up this 5x7 printing frame made by E. & H. T. Anthony & Co., Pat. Aug 12, 1880 on eBay. I was curious how the dial with the numbers 1-12 was actually used. Was it to record exposure time in seconds or minutes?

As far as frames go, it's quite nice. Over an inch thick.

When I received the frame there was this older 5x7 glass plate negative already installed. Upon viewing with a loupe I noticed the lady's hat, eyes, necklace, mouth, nose were all reworked by scratching off the emulsion to increase the contrast in those areas.

Another thing I found interesting is that the stamp used to make the letter "E" in E. & H. T. Anthony & CO must have been broken or missing the top bar completely, and the letter "O" in "CO" is a backward "C" for some reason. The games people play.

Ciao yall!
    Last edited by DannL; 09-08-2009 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found it . . .

Print Indicators.

This is a little apparatus like a clock dial, numbered from one to twelve, .and provided with a pointer which grips into slots, is set opposite to the number of prints made ; by setting the pointer to a fresh number on the completion of each print, waste from overprinting is avoided.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin