Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,030   Online: 894

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format

How do you mark your plate holders?

How do you mark your plate holders? I print small labels (ca 1,5 x 3 cm) on thicker paper, put Scotch Magic tape on the side I write on, and attach them to the holders with double sided tape. It works nicely. With a pencil I write the film type they are loaded with, and after exposure I mark them with an "X". It's easy to write and erase on the matte tape surface.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only marking that I place on the plate holders is a number, usually inscribed on a small sticky-backed circular label. The numbers a semi-permanent, used to identify each holder. I annotate details with regard to the specific holder, it's number, film used, exposuse, how I felt, weather, etc in a small notebook. After film development I will transfer this information onto to the protective film sleeve with a fine tip permanent marker, only for those few negatives that are worth maintaining.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My film holders have a little white areas already for writing in. In that spot I write the holder number in ink (sides are "a"or "b") and in pencil I write the name of the film...or perhaps just the ASA since I do not use a wide variety of film. Exposure info goes into a notebook after each shot, and that info and development info goes onto the paper 4-fold envelope the negative is stored in.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Masking tape

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Circular label: green for slide, orange for color neg, black for B&W.
    An extra circular label can be added: blue for T-film, or white with speed for B&W

Has been working for the past 25 years this way, mind you I seldon switch film, so it is always clear to me.

Peter

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I seldom take notes of the exposure. I guess I'm lazy, but somehow I use to remember what camera I used and exposure for important shots. I do have a small notebook somewhere that I bought for taking with me, but...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin