Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,468   Posts: 1,570,819   Online: 1075

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 77seriesiii View Post
    Stop buying gear. USE the stuff! ;-) dont fall into the trap, no more gear...lots of gear is bad...so says the guy whose wife has stated that I am in an intervention moment. :-)

Enjoy the art, beautiful finds.

./e
    The man has GAS! Let him blow it out or air down before you start this kind of talk.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The man has GAS! Let him blow it out or air down before you start this kind of talk.

Steve
    Bill can speak for himself as well

Just let me say I know Bill, he HAS NOT GOT GAS ,well only mildly, although he knows I lust after his Zenit C

If you put yourself around you find/spot these cameras, you sell most you keep a few.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 07-05-2010 at 02:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Bill can speak for himself as well

Just let me say I know Bill, he HAS NOT GOT GAS ,well only mildly, although he knows I lust after his Zenit C

If you put yourself around you find/spot these cameras, you sell most you keep a few.

Ian
    I know. But I only buy, very rarely sell, operable cameras.

Yesterday and today I saw and handled probably the largest collection of Graphic, Graflex and similar large format cameras [Georx Anschutz, Nettel, Plaubel Makina] in private hands. The pull on the wallet is at least on the same magnitude as handling Hasselblad [or Leica] equipment. I have been pondering which equipment I should use to start LF photography. I think that I have solved my first round quantry by arranging to buy a 4x5 Graphic Pacemaker and a 4x5 Graflex Model D.

Please see my signature line.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just let me say I know Bill, he HAS NOT GOT GAS ,well only mildly

That was a few months ago Ian, the condition has worsened since then
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin