Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,372   Online: 721

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sometimes with wide angle lenses the fold-out bed can come into the angle of view, unless you use front rise.
    Hope that makes sense?!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 65mm SA certainly gets the bed in shot on my Wista 54DX if I don't use front & rear tilt, but as 65mm on a 6x9 or a 90mm on a 9x12 shouldn't be a problem.

Ian

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    A far bigger problem is the 65mm f6.8 will be difficult to ficus on the ground glass, and you may need to make a focus scale. You need to find and try one before spending money.
    ...or stop the Heliar down to 5,6 and 1/3 (or 6,3 if the Heliar has the older aperture scale) and see how it looks.

I have a 6,8/130 Dagor on a 6,5x9 Avus, and Steinheil Orthostigmat 6,8/135 on a 9x12 Avus, and have no trouble focusing. But some people might have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A lot depends on the focus screen, it's not much different whether 6x9, 9x12 or 5"x4" formats, but in practice the wider angle lenses like the 90mm Angulon & 65mm are harder to focus, there's more of a hot spot in the centre of the screen.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Voigtländer Bergheil 9x12 with a 6.8/135 Radiar on Compur: both lens and shutter work perfectly, and I'll try the lens on my Toyo 45AII.

Does someone know which filter thread this lens has? Is it 25.5x0.5?
    Last edited by Philippe Grunchec; 09-09-2009 at 08:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by verney View Post
    What is the minimum distance from ground glass to that flange?
    I will measure it but tell me where exactly should I place the lens - how far to draw the bellows on bed?
    Last edited by renes; 09-09-2009 at 06:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by renes View Post
    I will measure it but tell me where exactly should I place the lens - how far to draw the bellows on bed?
    Distance is measured from the lenses aperture blades (not shutter even though it's almost the same) to ground glass when bellows are racked all the way back.

I asked you this to know if your camera can focus 65mm lens to infinity. You need bellows draw equal to focal length for focusing any lens to infinity, in other words 100mm of bellows extension focuses 100mm lens to infinity. 2x focal length of bellows draw focuses any lens for 1:1 macro shots.

I'm slightly worried that a 65mm lens would get bed of your camera into to the picture.

'Any lens' doesn't include telephoto designs, that's a different story.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Voigtländer and Schneider were both very early in adopting what has since become the standard shutter sizes, so even a dial-set Compur with a lens from either of those two have a very good chance of matching newer shutters. It's certainly the case for Heliars and Angulons.

A 65mm Angulon should do as a WA lens for the little Bergheil . and you can use it "converted" as a longer lens by removing teh front cell (not wonderfully sharp, but useable).

Same with a 90mm Angulon for the 9x12cm camera.

BTW, the 150/4.5 Heliar lens was an optional lens on the 9x12cm Bergheils - mine has that. The bayonet flange should fit on that...

A while ago a group of us on the German large format forum (www.grossformatfotografie.de) had extra flanges made for both 6x9 and 9x12 Bergheils.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by verney View Post
    Distance is measured from the lenses aperture blades (not shutter even though it's almost the same) to ground glass when bellows are racked all the way back.
    You mean the bellows and lens have to be placed on the bed's slide/rails (just at it's beginning), not in the box?

If so (see the picture, the back base of the bellows/lens arm is placed at the beginning of the slde/rails) than the minimum distance from the front surface of ground glass to the lens blades is about 60mm.

If I rack the bellows a bit back, to have the lens blades right at the beginning of the rails, than the distnce shorten to 48-50mm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by renes View Post
    You mean the bellows and lens have to be placed on the bed's slide/rails (just at it's beginning), not in the box?
    I'm not familiar with Voigtländer cameras. If you can focus accurately when lens standard is inside the box then fine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin