Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,297   Online: 1194

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Don't worry about getting the standard close enough to focus a 65mm lens on the 6x9. It works fine on mine - and a 90mm lens on the 9x12.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post

BTW, the 150/4.5 Heliar lens was an optional lens on the 9x12cm Bergheils - mine has that. The bayonet flange should fit on that...

A while ago a group of us on the German large format forum (www.grossformatfotografie.de) had extra flanges made for both 6x9 and 9x12 Bergheils.
    Ole,

Here are the two photos, one is Bergheil 6x9 fited with original Heliar 105m f/4.5 lens - you can see the crew mounting ring (which thighten the bayonet flange to the lens) and it goes just into the hole of the lensboard. The socond one is Bergheil 9x12 with Heliar 150mm f/4.5, the outer rear lens covers almost all the hole space and there is not enought free space (maybe 1mm) for the crew mounting ring...

The interior diameter of bayonet flange is 44mm, the mounting Heliar 150mm rear lens is 43mm... Far more, the Heliar 150mm shutter diameter is aprox. 79mm, but the lensobard is 73mm - so the lens does not lean on it. I do not know how it can work on your Begheil 9x12 with Heliar 150mm... you must probably have larger bayonet flange and larger hole in the lensobard.

Could you check it?

Last edited by renes; 09-10-2009 at 05:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can check it, but not before next week. I'm in the middle of the Norwegian Sea at the moment...
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, than I will wait with selling or exchanging my Heliar 150mm.

Do you use with your Bergheils longer focal lenses (165mm-240mm)?

BTW, where is the best place to buy shutters?

I see a lot of vintage lenses with accurate size of the rear lens that can fit to Bergheil and yet there is enought place for the mounting screw ring, but most are fited into shutters with much larger attaching mount and when you screw the mounting ring on them they go out of the hole lenspoard space. My Heliars rear lens diameter are just a bit lesser than outer diameter of the attaching mount element. Looks perfect design. That gives me hope I can use chosen and favorite lens by adopting it to the right attaching mount (with just a bit larger mounting srew than diameter of the rear lens)...

but will I have to make such attaching mount or can I buy it too?

I would be grateful if you give me an advice what steps should I make with looking for proper lens with shutter (e.g. Goerz Dagor 165-180mm) which I am going to adopte to Bergheil 6x9? How can I be sure I will be able to adopte the chosen lens to Bergheil? It seems that there are a lot issues I should take into consideratiom before I make decision to buy any of them.
    Last edited by renes; 09-10-2009 at 07:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    How should I use the three positions marked Z, D, M on the Compur?
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Z - Zeit, means "Time". Trip the shutter to open, trip again to close. Do not tension the shutter!
    D - Dauer, the same as "Bulb". Shutter opens when release is pushed, and closes when it is released. Do not tension the shutter!
    M - Moment, gives the indicated shutter speed. Shutter must be tensioned before pressing release.
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks so much, Ole! My question was really stupid (I speak rather fluent german).
    BTW, I did my first test with this lens, using a strobe in the studio, at f:22: the result is... astonishingly good! I wonder how it would perform wide opened...
    Last edited by Philippe Grunchec; 09-10-2009 at 11:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tessar's 135mm/150mm give optimum performance across the field at f22 accoring to Zeiss pre & post WWII, so a similar lens should behave comparably.

I've been disappointed with my Tessar's wider than f16 for my landscape work, but then I'm after critical sharpness, for portraits etc they would be superb.

It also has to be remembered that when you see exhibitions of original prints made pre WWII by well known European photographers with these camera's the enlargements were never very great, ad the images "Jewel" like.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks, Ian! BTW I like jewels
    Philippe Grunchec

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm planning to someday make, or let someone make, new Bergheil bayonets with different holes to fit smaller shutters.

Quote Originally Posted by renes View Post
    I would be grateful if you give me an advice what steps should I make with looking for proper lens with shutter (e.g. Goerz Dagor 165-180mm) which I am going to adopte to Bergheil 6x9? How can I be sure I will be able to adopte the chosen lens to Bergheil? It seems that there are a lot issues I should take into consideratiom before I make decision to buy any of them.
    I wonder if it's possible. I have a 168mm Goerz Dagor, and it came in a Compur 1 that is too large for the 6,5x9 Bergheil. The shutter doesn't work (and can't be repaired), so I keep the lens cells in a tobacco tin waiting for a new shutter. But the threads are special, so they don't fit any shutter I've tried.

I also have a 130mm Dagor, which came in a Compur 0. I bought a cheap Voigtländer Avus 6,5x9 for it, and it was a direct fit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin