Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,783   Online: 903

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JPD View Post
    I'm planning to someday make, or let someone make, new Bergheil bayonets with different holes to fit smaller shutters.

I wonder if it's possible. I have a 168mm Goerz Dagor, and it came in a Compur 1 that is too large for the 6,5x9 Bergheil. The shutter doesn't work (and can't be repaired), so I keep the lens cells in a tobacco tin waiting for a new shutter. But the threads are special, so they don't fit any shutter I've tried.
    Those Dagor 165mm lenses I have seen had too large shutters and attaching mount to fit to Bergheil 6x9, but they are right for 9x12 Bergheil. Dagor's 150mm looks ok. and will fit but longer focal lenses in Goerz Dagor line lenses probably will not to the 6x9. Hope Hugo Meyer, Dallmeyer or even Cook, Bausch&Lomb made 180mm lenses that go to Bergheils 6x9 lensboard... and 210-240mm to Bergheil 9x12 one.

I am not sure but it seems there were variations of Bergheil in each line format and they might differ in diameter of hole lensboard, therefore a few lenses may not fit to one Bergheil but may to another one...

I had Heliar 105mm f/3.5 lens and its rear lens did not go into the lensboard' hole of my 6x9 Bergeil equipped with Heliar 105mm f/4.5 at all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does someone know (or have?) if there was any Voigtlander Bergheil repair manual?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a camera manual, but not a repair manual...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ole, Have you met someone who uses Bergheil 6x9 (or 9x12) DeLuxe green version equiped with Heliar f/3.5 lens?

I am curious if they have larger (diameter) hole in the lensboard... I can not confirm my suppositions...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Renes, I suspect many 6x9 & 9x12 cameras had slightly different front plates even the same camera but with a different lens, particularly as the older pre-rimset Compur versions as there was no standard shutter used. 4 of my 5 9x12's all use different diameter holes. My Eurynar has by far the largest shutter, and I'd guess an f3.5 Heliar would be in an equally alrge shutter.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    I adapted a 90/6.8 Angulon to my 9X12 Voigtlander Avus. The bed does not intrude. Wasn't sure if Ole was actually using one on his Voigtlander Bergheil.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ole, does the manual provide information about the size of the filters for my Radiar? Thanks in advance,
    Philippe
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    Ole, does the manual provide information about the size of the filters for my Radiar? Thanks in advance,
    Philippe
    Just measure the outer diameter of the lens mount. It takes push-on filters.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks, JPD, but push-on filters aren't easy to find and can't be combined. That's the reason why I wanted to buy screwing filters (or adapter)!
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

Shooter
    Large Format
    JPD, do you mean that what I vaguely see is not a filter thread, just "striations"?
    Philippe Grunchec

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin