Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,125   Online: 939

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    JPD, do you mean that what I vaguely see is not a filter thread, just "striations"?
    They are the threads for the front element retaining ring. You can measure the inner diameter and try a screw-in filter of that size. It might work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Believe me, it is not easy to find a filter in that size and TRY: I was expecting someone would KNOW-
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    Believe me, it is not easy to find a filter in that size and TRY: I was expecting someone would KNOW-
    I believe you. It can't be fun to find a filter in the correct size, but find out that the threads are wrong.

Someone that could help you should be this collector: http://www.cinci.de/plat_berg3.html He seems to own two 9x12 Bergheils with Radiar. You can email him.

If screw-in filters are impossible to use, get push-on filters. They can be found, and most of them can be combined. Hey, I have many filters in 27, 28,5, 29, 30, 32, 37 and 42 mm for my cameras, and 90% of them can be combined. I sometimes stack them in my storage box.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you so much! I've emailed him.
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by renes View Post
    Ole, Have you met someone who uses Bergheil 6x9 (or 9x12) DeLuxe green version equiped with Heliar f/3.5 lens?

I am curious if they have larger (diameter) hole in the lensboard... I can not confirm my suppositions...
    My green 6.5x9 Bergheil with f/3.5 10.5cm Heliar has a hole about 42.5 or 43mm in the lens board, just slightly larger than the nut holding the bayonet ring. The f/3.5 Heliar needs a bigger shutter (Compur 1) than the f/4.5 one does, so I'd expect the lens board hole to be a larger diameter.

I have a 7.5cm lens which I have yet to fabricate a bayonet ring for (I'm sure there's a market for these things if somebody can have them made cheaply), but I wonder if the bed will intrude into the frame unless I use all the available rise movement. I'd certainly expect the bed to intrude with any lens shorter than 75mm fitted.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is slightly away from this topic, but does anyone know if a Schneider angulon 90mm will screw into the hole that my Zeiss Tessar 13.5cm lens screws into on my 9x12 folder?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, the 90mm Angulon fits a Compur 0, your Dial-set Compur/Tessar is a bit smaller than a Rimset Compur 1 which the later 135mm & 150mm Tessar's fit. The Angulon isn't in the 1933 Zeiss catalogue so came out after the shutter switch. I have just double checked by physically trying

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK, thank you very much Ian, I find fitting lenses to different shutters and holes mind boggling sometimes. I know where I am with brass lenses and wooden holes! Any progress on film inserts for 9x12 holders?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Lukoszevieze View Post
    Any progress on film inserts for 9x12 holders?
    Hopefully when I go back to the UK, maybe next month. I'll get the drawings ready.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edp View Post
    My green 6.5x9 Bergheil with f/3.5 10.5cm Heliar has a hole about 42.5 or 43mm in the lens board, just slightly larger than the nut holding the bayonet ring. The f/3.5 Heliar needs a bigger shutter (Compur 1) than the f/4.5 one does, so I'd expect the lens board hole to be a larger diameter.

I have a 7.5cm lens which I have yet to fabricate a bayonet ring for (I'm sure there's a market for these things if somebody can have them made cheaply), but I wonder if the bed will intrude into the frame unless I use all the available rise movement. I'd certainly expect the bed to intrude with any lens shorter than 75mm fitted.
    Thanks for this info. It seems the Bergheil 6x9 were made only with 36mm hole in lens board (with Heliar 105/4.5) and 42,5mm (with Heliar 120 & 105/4.5 lenses). The bayonet versions.

I just bougth two new Bergheils: 6x9 with Heliar 120mm and 9x12 with Heliar 150mm, and the 9x12 has 47mm hole in lens board (comparing to 44mm in the first 9x12 one I bought). I bought also Angulon 90/6.8, few users reported that it fits to 9x12 Bergheil, as the Angulon 65/6.8 to 6x9 one. Now I try to find info it there is any vintage 180mm lens (Goerz/Zeiss Dagor, Dallmeyer, Cooke, Gundlach, Bausch & Lomb) that I can adopte and use with my 6x9 Bergheil, and 240mm lens with 9x12. All probably are f/6.3-6.8).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin