Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,882   Posts: 1,520,515   Online: 828

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if anybody uses the Voigtländer Tele-Dynar lenses that were available for these cameras in various focal lengths from 14 to 32cm. http://www.cameraeccentric.com/img/i...ander_1_28.jpg

There are a couple that are continually available from an infamous retailer on a well-known internet auction site at crazy stratospheric prices. I've never come across a sensibly-priced one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edp View Post
    I wonder if anybody uses the Voigtländer Tele-Dynar lenses that were available for these cameras in various focal lengths from 14 to 32cm. http://www.cameraeccentric.com/img/i...ander_1_28.jpg

There are a couple that are continually available from an infamous retailer on a well-known internet auction site at crazy stratospheric prices. I've never come across a sensibly-priced one.
    I also was trying to find someone who used it (Tele-Dynar 25,5cm) with Bergheil 9x12 but did not. Indeed the prices are very high. I would like to see photo examples Tele-Dynar produces. Wonder how it does in b&w landscape.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by renes View Post
    I also was trying to find someone who used it (Tele-Dynar 25,5cm) with Bergheil 9x12 but did not. Indeed the prices are very high. I would like to see photo examples Tele-Dynar produces. Wonder how it does in b&w landscape.
    I just got one!
    not for 9x12, but for my newly bought Bergheil 6,5x9.
    25.5cm F6.3

I havn't used it yet, but I have just put film in the cassette, so I'll get back as soon as I have something to report...

The prices of the beforementioned seller is really really high!

I just got this Bergheil 6,5x9 with two Radar cassettes (with inlays for 6x6 and 4.5x6) - three lenses (Heliar 120mm F4.5 - Schneider Xenar 105mm F3.5 and Tele-Dynar 25.5 F6.3) - hoods - 9 filters.. All in VERY good condition.

All of it for 200€ (about 300$).

I think I was quite lucky...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    gandolfi, you are really lucky. Congratulations!

Could you measure the mounting thread diameter? I was not able to find it.
    And has the lens thread for filters? What is the size?

I have really mint Heliar 150/4.5 lens (have 2), if you would consider for trade (to Tele-Dynar) let me know... soon I will put it for sale for 310$.

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could you measure the mounting thread diameter? I was not able to find it.
    Size 1 shutter.

And has the lens thread for filters? What is the size?
    46.9mm push-on.

http://www.cameraeccentric.com/img/i...ander_1_28.jpg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. Filters diameters are unique.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If ou plan to toy around with several old lenses with different filter sizes, I strongly recomend to go for the old series filters with holders. Series filters can be found in a few different sizes, and the holders come in every imaginable size, both slip-on and screw-in. The idea is that one set of filters can fit different holders for different lenses. I had a lot of trouble and expenses collecting slip-on filters. But then I was given a set of Leitz series VI (roman 6 that is) filters and discovered the advantages of this system. Now I have holders for 31,5mm, 36,5mm and 42mm slip-on and 39mm screw-in. I also have different lens shades that screw into the holders (replacing the filter retaining rings. Remember that lens shades are an absolute must for old uncoated lenses. There also are series V and VII filters (at least), but I think series VI is the best alternative for 6,5x9 and 9x12 cm plate cameras. They are 41,5mm in diameter, and the very common 42mm slip-on size is perhaps the largest ou can go with these. If you need bigger holders, I think you vill need to go for series VII. American e-Bay is the place to look, as the series system was more common in USA than in Europe. You'll easily find several filters in one place, so you can save postage and time. Good luck!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    Believe me, it is not easy to find a filter in that size and TRY: I was expecting someone would KNOW-
    The answer is: 25,5x0,5
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    I have a Voigtländer Bergheil 9x12 with a 6.8/135 Radiar on Compur: both lens and shutter work perfectly, and I'll try the lens on my Toyo 45AII.

Does someone know which filter thread this lens has? Is it 25.5x0.5?
    My "Bergheil" is in fact an Avus, I'm afraid!
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, I have already adapted to my Bergheil 6x9 theses lenses: Angulon 65/6.8, Heliar 83/4.5, Heliar 105/4.5, Heliar 135/4.5, Kodak Meniscus 100/6.3, Kodak Meniscus 160/6.3, L.Renaux Basel Extra Rapid Aplanat 170/5.6, Bausch & Lomb Rectilinear 180/7.7, Tele-Dynar 200/6.3. All in compur or compound shutters, with Zeiss Ikon or Voigtlander orange and yellow filters and lens hoods. There are five left lenses I am looking for to complete the set :-) : Tele-Dynar 255/6.3, small Darlot petzval about 150-165mm, Dallmeyer Rectilinear, Goerz Dagor, and Hugo Mayer Aristostigmat 60/6.8. Have also 3 Rada roll film backs. Now it's time to make photography ;-)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin