Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,492   Online: 812

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mckeown's Info Help for 9x12 folder?

Anyone got a copy they can look up my camera with? A German Edelweiss 9x12cm folding camera. I would be very grateful just for clarifying of where it is from, etc.?
    Thank you

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a 92-93 edition so it's not as thorough as the newer ones but I'll check tonight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi, the only thing i McKeowns of Edelweiss from Germany is from a company name ISE, here are the words in the katalog: Edelweiss Deluxe- folding camera for 6.5x9cm plates. Brown leather, tan double-extension bellows. Tessar f4.5/120mm lens in compur. $120-180.
    Hope this was any help.

Best regards
    Kent Bentzen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I googled and found a picture of one at http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/Ise...ss-Deluxe.html. The image seems to have been of a camera sold by LeicaShop, which they say had a 135/4.5 Tessar; judging purely from the picture, it kind of looks to me like it was intended as a competitor at the Voigtlaender Avus level, a quality 9x12 camera with a good, but not extraordinary, lens and good fit and finish.

I can't find anything whatsoever about this "ISE" company in general, though.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This camera (edelweiss) was the only one listed under ISE. I think there was a hole bunch of small german camera companies.

Kent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    McKeown's lists only two Edelweiss cameras.
    - one by ZKM (ЗКМ, Bulgaria), 4.5x6cm 1958-1959;
    - and another by Ise (Germany) Deluxe version, folding camera, 6.5x9cm.

Considering you are asking about 9x12cm, there is no such camera in the McKeown's... It could be the regular version of Edelweiss Deluxe... Or just other rebadged camera.
    Last edited by diser; 09-09-2009 at 05:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My McKeown's has the same info as everyone else is reporting.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by diser View Post
    Considering you are asking about 9x12cm, there is no such camera in the McKeown's... It could be the regular version of Edelweiss Deluxe... Or just other rebadged camera.
    Having seen images of Anton's camera (which is the one linked to earlier) I'd have to say it's at the high end of pre-War 9x12 camera's and is most certainly De-Luxe.

The problem appears to be that the company itself may have been very short lived, the shutter tells us this was made at the height of the Great Depression, and the camera trade in Germany was in great turmoil. The Compur shutter & Zeiss lens serial numbers would give us even better indicators.

The mid 20's saw a lot of major German camera companies amalgamation to form Zeiss Ikon in 1926, and a few others disappeared.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi
    thanks all.
    Yes, mine is the one from the Leica shop in Wien. It is a lovely camera, on par with a Voigtlander Bergheil for quality and having an interchangeable lens facility. The Zeiss lens I have dated to 1929, so presuming it came with the camera (likely), it is indeed height of Great Depression time, as Ian points out. It is turning into one of my favourite cameras and at 80 years old pristine and working hard Just need more bloody 9x12 film inserts! But am using a Rada back too so great for 6x9 and 6x6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin