Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,763   Posts: 1,484,034   Online: 1275

Shooter
    Medium Format

Voightlander Bergheil 9X12 cm

I was given this today by the same guy who has now given me a Kodak Medalist II and a Annie Speed Graphic. (Sold both of them now)

This is a Voightlander Bergheil. I have found that they came in a few different sizes. I measured the ground glass focus screen on it and it came out 9 X 12.5 cm. I am guessing it is the 9X12 CM models.

I will get some pictures attached to this posting as soon as possible, but I am wondering if anyone knows the value. Looks like on fleabay that they go for between 400 and 750.00. The shutter does work and the bellows do not appear to have pinholes.

Any ideas?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    about the paices: it depends - it depends....

I got an amazing 9x12 Bergheil with a beautiful Heliar - 6 cassettes with film inlay - lots of filters and some push-on lenses; all in a beautiful case, made of leather, for 300$.

IF the bergheil is green - and IF it is in good condition, you might get higher prices than 400$, but I have seen the really high prices too - strangly enough, they doesn't seem to sell.....

I wonder why..

Look at the condition - cassettes are hard to find, so cassettes to go with the camera would be nice - what lens is it? there is a difference whether it is the Heliar or it is a Skopar or other name...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have so many cameras go to through. I think I will list it on Apug and fleabay starting at 175.00 and see what happens. Or do you think that is too high?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which lens? The Skopar is a fairly standard Tessar type; the Heliar can be ridiculously good (and seems to command prices to match).

Is there a set of holders with it? Those count---they're not so easy to find in good condition, and there are a lot of us with 9x12 cameras running around looking for extra filmholders. (Not me---I'm busy trying to identify the light leaks in the ones I've got.)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Its a Skopar, knew I couldnt be that lucky. Lol.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No holders with it either.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Moved thread to "Plate Cameras".

The Skopar is really a quite good lens, although not in the "mythical" class with the Heliar.

Check out the archive of Tigin's camerapages - http://www.ukcamera.com/classic_cameras/class.html
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ole, I have a 4.5/105 Skopar (coming from an Inos II) and wonder if it has a filter thread (ca.27/28mm). Can you Help? Thanks in advance!
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    Ole, I have a 4.5/105 Skopar (coming from an Inos II) and wonder if it has a filter thread (ca.27/28mm). Can you Help? Thanks in advance!
    Haven't seen Ole here for a while.

The thread is only for the front element retaining ring. The filters Voigtländer sold for their cameras were of the push-on type without thread. Measure the outside diameter of the lens mount in millimeters and you will find the correct size. The 4,5/105 Skopar from a Avus I have takes 29mm push-on filters.

If it can take 27mm screw-in filters depends on the thread pitch.
    Last edited by JPD; 07-10-2010 at 07:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    J. Patric Dahlén

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin