Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,525   Online: 1033

Shooter
    Large Format

Polaroid back on a 9x12 folder

This may be a crazy idea or does anyone know if it is at all possible, that there is a polaroid back that fits a 9x12 folder? Of course, I suspect the only way to find out is to try, thought that maybe someone had tried...? I thought shooting Fuji instant film could be fun........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are 3x4 springbacks knocking around that fit 9x12 folders. I'm not sure how much modification is needed to make a springback for standard two-sided holders fit Polaroid, but it seems like a natural place to start.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks, is there a specific name for the 3x4 spring backs?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think there were any major manufacturers. I picked up spring backs in 2x3 and 3x4 by buying cameras from eBay that had them attached, and in both cases it looks like good amateur work---someone might have had their repairman take a commercially available spring back and put on a flange to fit the camera, for instance.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    4x5 Format

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin