Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,460   Online: 954

Shooter
    Medium Format

Skopar 135mm filter size - Avus 9x12

Hi All,

Is there any info on the filter size of the 4,5/135mm Skopar lens of Voigtlander Avus (9x12) camera? I made some research on the net and according to the original manuals, it has 36.8 mm filter size - I am not sure whether I would need screw-in or push-on filter.

Basically, I would like to use (36?)37--->49 mm (screw-in) adapter - is it possible?

Please help - any info would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Zoltan

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    37mm push-on. They are easy to find on eBay.

The thread is only for the retaining ring for the front element.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi - thanks.

Would it be a good idea to try a 36--->37 + 37--->49mm adapter combo? Or does the Skopar have completely different thread pitch?

What do you think?

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    The thread is 35,5 mm, but I've tried a 35,5mm screw-in filter and it didn't catch the threads - so the pitch must be different. Voigtländer had no thought about screw-in filters back then, so they could have used a non standard thread pitch for the front element retaining ring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I made a contraption for mine (out of cardboard) to push on the outside of the lens and a slot to put the Cokin "A" filters. Not pretty but it works. I found a 'push-on' yellow filter on eBay but it was too faded.
    It's a fun camera to use - I wish I had more holders for it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, unfortunatelly, the pitch will be a problem...

I have to make something home-made.

Thanks for the inputs.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought new 37mm yellow-green and red-orange Heliopan filters, before they stopped making them in slip-on mounts. The rest I found on eBay. Mostly Zeiss, Ceneiplan and Panchromar. So now I got:

Very light yellow (Sportfilter)
    Light yellow
    Medium yellow
    Dark yellow
    Yellow-orange
    Red-orange
    Light red
    Yellow-green
    Light blue

Some are in the Panchromar "Wechselfassung", so I can easily swap the glass if I want. Filter glass can be bought new from B+W to fit.

This is a cool site: http://photobutmore.de/vintagephoto/filter/ It's in german, but has LOTS of pictures.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Heliar 135/4.5 takes 35,5mm screw-in filter, Heliar 105/4.5 takes 27mm filter.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin