Switch to English Language Passer en langue franēaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,166   Online: 730

Shooter
    Multi Format

ICA / ZI 13x18 ground glass back / film pack

I've just bought a 13x18 ICA Juwel - without ground glass holder (or lens). I have some plate holders though, and will really want to use this camera.

Does anyone have a 13x18 film pack adaptor, or any other 13x18 ICA / ZI gadget they could sell to get my camera working? It should be easy to make a ground glass holder from a film pack adaptor if I can find one. I've never seen one but they are mentioned in old catalogues so must be out there somewhere.

For that matter, if anyone has a wrecked 13x18 Ideal, Favorit (or even Juwel) the ground glass would of course be of interest to me. Any ideas about dealers who might have this sort of thing would also be very welcome.

Otherwise, if anyone has any tips on how to make a ground glass assembly from scratch for a plate camera please let me know.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have an ICA Universal Juwel 440 as well and am also looking for the ground glass and plate holders. Did you ever find a reseller of such equipment? I'd love to make it a functioning camera.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello, I never found a shop stocking plate camera equipment, no. Plate holders that fit a Juwel come up for sale very occasionally on ebay, but are sometimes misdescribed, you need patience and luck. The ground glass back will be even harder to find. A ground glass back from a Favorit or Ideal should fit (the cameras evolved a little bit over time), but anything for 13x18 is quite rare. A couple of times I've bought items described as 5x7 ICA backs which turned out to be 10x15cm.

In short, the easiest way to find plate holders and a ground glass back will probably be to buy another complete camera. I bought one 13x18 Juwel in fairly poor condition because it came with two double plate holders (though no ground glass back), more recently I bought a wrecked 13x18 Ideal to get the ground glass back (which also turned out to be wrecked - the ground glass holder is mainly wood and leather, and this one was broken in about five places, it seems someone dropped it then stamped on it for good measure

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin