Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,732   Online: 840

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Zeiss 250/3 film holders

Hi, I just bought an Ica "Ideal" , my 1st plate cam ,and it has only one film holder and a film pack with four tabs left in the Kodak pack. From what I gather , no rollfilm adaptors are available, and the holder # 726/3E @6.5x9 is a Zeiss. So, are there any other brands that will fit and what is a fair price for a set of 4 more ; what size do I cut sheet film for these babies ; Is there any way of making use of the film pack holder ? Thnx. Robert

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford Photo still has got their FP4 in stock in that size.

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbeasterly View Post
    Is there any way of making use of the film pack holder ?
    Not for holding film packs, unless you have a time machine. I've seen some adapted to hold a ground glass (in the ones I have seen, the 'glass' has been plastic).

no rollfilm adaptors are available
    Will the ubiquitous Rada film holders not fit? They are available with various different flanges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ideal style (pop off) Rada rollbacks are available, I have one in 9x12 format. They are also rare, most of the Rada rollbacks out there are for the more common slide in style (as found on Maximar etc).

ICA 726/3 backs will also fit. Generally 6x9 plate holders are cheap, you'll just need to scour ebay for them and be patient, unless some kind soul on apug has a few to spare. Film sheaths might be more difficult in 6x9, but you could use a bit of glass or perspex cut to size to hold the film in place. As you only have one plate holder at present, you could convert the film pack holder to hold a sheet film.
    Last edited by apkujeong; 05-17-2010 at 07:40 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are roll film holders available apart from the Rada there's also the Rollex - I have 2 in 9x12, and I've seen them on Ebay to for 6.5x9 cameras. I have some adverts for the Zeiss cameras back in Turkey and by the mid 1930's it was quite common for that format camera to be sold with a roll film back by some dealers. I'll check on my return.

Later post War Rollex backs are made by Linhof and are a different fit.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow! This beautiful camera has put me in a time machine,yes. The quality responses are giving me enthusiasm to start burning some film. I have 10 other cameras from the '30 & '40's ,and this one is "the Classic" and the most challenging to get up and running. Any thoughts on making up a film pack from 120 with some black paper folded in into an envelope with 2 sided tape( or a smear of silicone) along the inside bottom edge to hold the unused film down? So far the risk/reward on this e-pay camera has me feeling blessed. I can't invent anything for my digital. Thanks again; Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Converting a film pack holder into a rollback sounds a bit tricky to me, though perhaps not impossible (and you've not got much to lose, generally nobody wants the film pack adaptors). The simplest 120 arrangement I've seen is on an Ensign box camera with a red window, maybe you could copy something like that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! This beautiful camera has put me in a time machine,yes. The quality responses are giving me enthusiasm to start burning some film. I have 10 other cameras from the '30 & '40's ,and this one is "the Classic" and the most challenging to get up and running. Any thoughts on making up a film pack from 120 with some black paper folded in into an envelope with 2 sided tape( or a smear of silicone) along the inside bottom edge to hold the unused film down? So far the risk/reward on this e-pay camera has me feeling blessed. I can't invent anything for my digital. Thanks again; Robert
    Why make up a film pack from 120 film when 120 roll film holders are easy to find and easier to use ?

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Ian, Yes the 6x9 roll film holders are easier to find than the 6.5x9 which fit this camera and 4 of 83others made by Ica.(Scott's Photographica Ica models)If you know of one @ 6.5x9 it would make things a lot easier for sure. Right now I'm looking into some FP4 125 sheet film @ 4x5 to cut down to size ,as it is flater and thicker. I will load these into more 726/3 film holders when they show up and try a film pack. My next camera will be a 4x5 mono rail in a box! Thanx and it's overcast here in the B.C. gulf islands & Shooting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What does the ICA plate holder look like ? I can keep my eyes open for a roll film back.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin