Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,660   Online: 642

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Plate Holder Questions

I've got an 8x10 plate holder made by Folmer Graflex that's got me flummoxed...

First of all, I'm confused as to how the plate is held in place. It doesn't seem to have any retaining clips at the top of the inset, as it does at the bottom...

Secondly, it does not fit into a standard 8x10 view camera. Is this holder specific to a Folmer plate camera?

Thirdly, since I can't use it, I'm going to need to sell it. What's it worth?

Any help greatly appreciated. I know, I know--- I'm a n00b.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0046.jpg   DSC_0044_2.jpg   DSC_0045.jpg   DSC_0048.jpg   DSC_0047.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The glass plate just slides under the top edge -- the plate is longer than the opening in the holder.

Price -- perhaps ten bucks since it is not a standard size.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Vaughn.

Uno mas pregunta: Since the glass or ferro slips under the edge, i would think that is could be messy as a wet plate holder. Is this a dry plate holder? It would be nice to know this when I post it on eBay...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Definitely designed for dry plate.

There is a group of 5 listed on ebay right now (whole plate, not 8x10) -- $150 starting bid for the five of them ($30/each) and 1 bid. So who knows what yours will bring. Good luck in your sale!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin