Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,385   Online: 1085

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Found in a box of old darkroom stuff

This week I picked up 5 boxes of free darkroom stuff. An old enlarger, lots of old paper - some expired in 1951, and a few glass plates. Thought I'd post a scan of the boxes for those who might be interested. Also a couple 10x15cm plates holders. I doubt if the plates would be any use (stored in an attic for the last 10 years) but if any one has ideas let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kodak Plates005_1.JPG   Ilford Plates001_1.JPG   agfa Plates002_1.JPG   Eastman Plates003_1.JPG   agfa Plates002_2.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One never knows... I'd be trying one first before I assumed they aren't any good - ripped wrappers aside, of course. I have successfully printed on paper that was stored in a basement since its 1946 expiration date and used film that went belly-up in 1963. If you have a camera and holders, try one out. If not, try doing a pictogram with some object on the plate under the enlarger and flash it for the shortest time possible at the smallest aperture available.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting--those are interesting. I love the Ilford Chromatic Plates label, especially the old Ilford steamship logo.

Shooter
    35mm
    The old plate boxes are very interesting....they look to be from the 1930's?
    The Agfa ones are early color plates, definitely museum/collectors items, I would think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting, I never would have thought the Agfa one was color. Do you think it's film or glass plates. The rest say plates. The Agfa is the only 4x5, which I do have a camera for. The Ilford are 6.5x9 cm, the Eastman 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 and the Kodak plates are 10x15cm. Here's the front of the Kodak box, missed it the first time around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kodak Plates004_1.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin