Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,726   Online: 794

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vickersdc View Post
    Not sure if that was directed at me?
    No, not directed at you, or anyone else for that matter.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Is it right in your opinion, that such guitars or dresses belonged to this or that singer costs so much? in mine, not at all. I prefer spend hundred thousand dollars for a Tiffany Lamp or for an antique painting, or again for a really ancient book, than not for such junk.

Personally, [...] a camera belonged to great artists as David Hamilton or to Helmut Newton, or again referring to the sources of photography, at Joseph Nicéphore Niépce, will never cost cheap and only an idiot can believe this.
    The juxtaposition of these two paragraphs is funny.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About the only way I would pay good money for a camera used by a famous photographer, would be if the talent came with it. Otherwise it would be my same mediocre images, out of a famous camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are undoubtedly collectors of items, that were previously owned by celebrities or Historical users.

I suspect that few Camera enthusiasts see the value of cameras in this way. They are more impressed with condition, rarity and usability.

There probably are a few, who fall into both camps

The people in question seem to be interested in any aspect that makes otherwise ordinary camera equipment tradeable at high prices.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin