Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,383   Online: 1026

Shooter
    35mm

Recomar ground glass thickness?

I'm restoring a Recomar 33 and now just need to replace the missing ground glass (I have the GG unit but not the glass itself) which I plan to make myself.

Could someone tell me the thickness of the original glass? Also, was it simply rectangular or were the corners cut off, etc?

Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have had a couple of these (not Kodak but similar if not the same construction). The glass is about 2.5mm thick. I can't recall how the glass fits but the thickness shouldn't be too criticall as long as the ground side fits up against a recess which places it in the correct position. Any extra thickness of glass on the non ground side will not be an issue.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2mm glass fits all my German 9x12 cameras. Sometimes the original glass is slightly thinner, however there's usually springs to push the ground side against the frame which will allow a variation anyway.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin