Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,341   Online: 917

Shooter
    4x5 Format

9x12 double darkslide film holder

Came across one of these and grabbed it, just in case it was any use. It fits the Ihagee but neither of the Weltas, which need a thinner edge and I'm not keen on forcing anything into the wooden slot of the older Welta.
    This item is really nicely made, with spring clip retained darkslides and little screw-mounted swivel pieces to hold the plate down. Best of all, as an unexpected part of the deal - it came with two film inserts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whole from front.jpg   top view with insert.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice find! Does anyone on here have an Ihagee Zweiverschluss? I bought one on ebay months back, haven't seen it yet (I'm a long way from home these days) and now realise I'm not even sure what holders it takes.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A Zweiverschluss is the Ihagee I meant this item fits. I found it takes a lot of the of the Zeiss/Welta holders of the day. I was wondering where all the Zws had gone as I couldn't find any useful information about them after I bought mine a year ago and while it may be relatively rare, I'm sure Ihagee sold more than a handful of them back when.
    A very nice camera though, and it's become my favourite old German. Does yours have a 44mm screw for lens fitting?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm...actually I'm not sure, I bought it in a job lot of plate camera gear and didn't see it yet, just photos - I should be back at home for a couple of weeks next month at which point I'll check it out.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm just wondering whether mine was originally supplied as focal-plane only ( I bought it as such) but if they all have the 44mm thread (it's not quite 44mm but very close) I might find an original-fit lens for it somewhere. There's a home-made focusing distance scale for an unknown lens, but I haven't a clue what one would originally have been fitted. I suspect a Zeiss/SK/Meyer 150mm/4.5 or similar.
    It does perform well as an FPshutter camera, though; allowing me to use a few of the old barrel lenses one tends to accumulate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin