Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,775   Online: 882

Shooter
    35mm RF

russian FKD camera with shutter?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Russian-wooden-c...item4aa868aa02

the camera on the picture looks like it have a shutter cable attached, shouldn't this cameras don't have no shutters?

I'm thinking of getting the fkd for wet-plate, does this particular model (the 13x18) provides vertical shooting? i can't tell from the pictures and from the archive i only found info about the 18x24.

best regards,

dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Third picture down in the description there seems to be some sort of flip-up shutter behind the lens. It looks like the cable release bumps a "barn door" that opens- I doubt it ever closes by itself though. You probably use the shutter release to start the exposure and the dark slide on the film holder to end it. That's my guess anyways.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My FK 13x18 came with a shutter as well - though not as cool looking as that one. Yes, you can shoot landscape or portrait - the one shown is set for vertical - the entire back can be mounted either way, the little chrome clips that you can just see at the top edge of the back are what allows that. The ground glass flips up (or to the side, depending on format), which was a bit confusing at first, but actually makes a lot of sense. These were designed as plate cameras and it looks like the one you are eyeing comes with a plate holder (the seller calling it a cassette). The missing ground glass should not be a problem to fashion yourself. The ground glass goes in a frame that is hinged to the back - the screw holes for the hinges can be seen in the fifth image.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thanks for the responses,

the seller have more of this, with some of it looks newer, and having more holder. but price wise looks like this the best bargain

after comparing some of the pictures i see that i need to built a ground glass frame and hinges for this one, but with the other cameras i won't have the shutter. oh dillemas..

where do you get yours semeuse? is the prices seems reasonable for you? i can't find other sellers that sells the FKD

regards,

dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got mine from a dealer in the Ukraine - he sells on ebay under the name Alex-photo-goods. The price of the one you are looking at seems reasonable. I can send you picture of the ground glass frame with dimensions. It should be very easy to make - much more so than a shutter
    Kris

Shooter
    35mm RF
    yes i've heard of alex-photo, i almost buy a kiev4 from him. but currently in ebay this seller is the only one with the FK that i can find.
    if you could send me the pictures and measurements to my email (adninzain at gmail dot com) that would be great Kris many thanks.

regards,

dave

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    If you are going to shoot dry plate a shutter will not be really required because of the slow speed of the emulsion. A lens cap may be all you will need.
    I bought my dry plate cameras from India mostly and have some very nice ones.
    Now the Russian ones begin to interest me. Are they in good shape?
    Michael

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi michael, yes i realized that my plan of shooting wet plates don't really need a shutter, but i think that will be a great plus if i ever use the camera for other than wet plate.

as for the condition, i haven't bought it yet, but the photos looks good, as they are mostly (i think) from 1980s and a bit of researching found out that most of them are used in a studio for portrait uses.

and the few people who i've talk to who have the camera seems like it enough.

where do you got the india cameras? the big bay? i tried to find some camera locally but no luck as most of them already fell into the hands of antique dealers and priced exorbitantly.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    The person I bought from lists one from time to time. One is on line on ebay now but not a nice one. He is alx.pk The camera up now doesn't even have a plate holder with it. It is a 6x8. I like the large dry plate ones. http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-6x8-Wood...item43a51af8fb
    Yea, I just keep looking on ebay in 8x10 and larger. They are a little rough and often need some minor repairs but for dry plate cameras that get pretty big they are great. He used to offer tripods and extra plate holders.
    Micahel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin