Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,322   Online: 1171

Shooter
    Large Format

Moses Creek Outing Oct 21st

Some of us APUG'ers & LF'ers are going Saturday October 21st to Moses Creek Conservation Area. Its located just a few miles South of St Augustine on route 206 between Rt 95 & Crescent Beach. Here's a link http://sjr.state.fl.us/programs/outr..._creek_CA.html to description of area (including trail map) . We will meet at 2nd Parking area on left (if heading toward the beach - 1st on right if coming from beach) around 8AM. It should be a relatively short hike to the Bluff Overlook ( see trail guide).
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Doug,

I'll be there. I've got the 8x10 fixed, so I might be bringing that along as well as the 4x5, just to get it out since the trail is short.

- Randy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Randy, I'll probably bring my Korona too so we can compare (may even bring some coronas ;-) Besides the bluff area, there is an old RR line thru the park that might be worth a look.
    van Huyck Photo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sound good! I saw the path of the tracks on the topo maps and wondered what might be there now. It looks like it should be a good site...

- Randy

Shooter
    Large Format
    A bump as reminder. The weather sounds good for this Saturday (sunny, 64-82 temps & low winds). Hope to see some APUG'ers there.
    van Huyck Photo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, with my recent experience with 4x5, I won't be bringing that format. Ugh. If the trail is short, I guess that means the 8x10. Ha.
    juan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Looks like 1.5 miles from our starting point to the 'bluff', so 3 miles give or take round trip...

- Randy

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'll be bringing two LF cameras but with my Jogging Stroller, so the mileage looks reasonable. Randy, the front standard on my Korona has been heavily modified, so very curious to look at your 8X10 - hope you bring it.
    van Huyck Photo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My big tripod has not yet arrived, but I think I can get by with some effort with my existing tripod, so I'll be sure to bring the 8x10 for this trip. I'd be interested to see how your front standard was altered.

- Randy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Big Cypress National Park and the Corkscrew Swamp

This friday ( Qct 27th) I'm going to these area to work on improving my ability to see images better. I have gone here many times but this time I'm looking more for abstract shapes & shading. I will leave before light since traffic down here is very bad and get to Big Cypress before light. work the area and then head back up to the Corkscrew swamp. Run the board walk and see if I can catch anything interesting there to. Again another place I visited at least 1-2 times a year.

regards
    Mike A
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin