Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,048   Online: 947

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Going to Big Cypress and Corksrew Swamp

This friday ( Qct 27th) I'm going to these area to work on improving my ability to see images better. I have gone here many times but this time I'm looking more for abstract shapes & shading. I will leave before light since traffic down here is very bad and get to Big Cypress before light. work the area and then head back up to the Corkscrew swamp. Run the board walk and see if I can catch anything interesting there to. Again another place I visited at least 1-2 times a year.

Regards
    Mike A
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Corkscrew swamp is amazing for the size of some ot the cypress trees - very ancient. The problem I had with boardwalk is I was trying to get a large view aka Clyde Butcher; but most of the boardwalk gives a very enclosed feeling (as I remember it). There are a couple of open areas where smaller cypress trees are growing. Wish I could make it this weekend; but its a bit of a drive from the far North (Florida) - about 8 hrs. Good luck with your abstracts.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Made it to Everglade city and got some shots and there is alot more to take. I also got a couple from Big cypress national park, just didn't have time to get to corksrew swamp. Shot 6 sheets of 8x20, 6 sheets of 8x10 and a roll of 120. hope to develop the film this week and if I get to excited I will scan them for Apug.

Mike A
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Man! That place looks *really* nice. It's about 5 hours from here, but I think I will have to add it to the list of places to visit next year. I'd love to see the pictures when you get them developed. Also, what parts of the Preserve did you visit? It looks like you can go a number of places right off Alligator Alley...

- Randy
    Last edited by reellis67; 10-29-2006 at 06:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yes you can, I hit everglade city first which has alot of neat buildings but you need to hit that on a sunday morning just after sunrise to get the right light and have no people around. I was hitting some spots right on 41 this time which is dangerous but wanted some of the relections in the water. I'm hoping to develop them this week after work if I get a chance.

Mike.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The 1st time I visited the Big Cypress area I used the Photo Traveler's Guide to South Florida by Photo Traveler Publications to find interesting sites to photograph. We stayed in Everglades City, and only problem was the mosquitoes. A boat ride out to Thousand Islands is worthwhile (Clyde Butcher has some good images of the area in one of his books). Looking forward to seeing your images, Mike, especially the panoramas.
    Last edited by doughowk; 10-30-2006 at 08:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have posted one of my 8x20's on the critque section. I have two more I will be putting up today or tommorow

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin