Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,217   Online: 837

Shooter
    Large Format

Cumberland Island

Our NE Florida LF group is planning an outing to Cumberland Island, Ga December 2nd (a Saturday). This would be an all-day outing (unless you catch the late morning ferry, see below); so food/water would have to be brought along. Also, if weather conditions for that day include rain or high wind, don't recommend the trip. The Island is probably the most photogenic spot in NE Florida/South Georgia area with its Dungeness Ruins, dunes, wild horses - see National Park Service site for more info.

There are at least two ways of getting there. If you stay at the GreyField Inn, there is a private ferry from Fernandina. Or you can catch the ferry from St Marys, Georgia. During the Winter the St Marys Ferry runs two trips to the Island (9 & 11:45 AM) and one return trip (4:45 PM). You need to make reservations in advance since the Ferry can get booked up.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Doug,
    I checked out the pics form the website and put it down as another one I'm going to have to hit. as soon as my friend quites working 5 1/2 days a week we can make the hike. hell he seles he's practice and he still working 5 days a week
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Michael, your 8X20 would be excellent for the Dungeness Ruins , which is worth the trip by itself. The Ruins is only a short walk from the ferry landing; and the Island's wild horses often graze around the Ruins. The nearby dunes & driftwood are also very photogenic. Let us know when you're coming this way.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin