Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,348   Online: 1045

Shooter
    Large Format

Going to Bulow This Sunday

This coming Sunday (Dec 17th) some of us are heading over to Bulow Sugar Mill Ruins and the Fairchild Oak at Bulow Creek State Park We plan to rendezvous at the Oak around 8-8:30, then do some hiking before heading over to the Ruins. Both Parks are located only a few miles North of Ormond Beach on Old Kings Highway just East of I-95. The weather is suppose to be pleasant ( partly cloudy with high around 75).
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The ruins of the plantation are right off the parking lot, and there is no fence to get in the way. A further bonus is that few people visit this park, so there is a good chance that we will be able to take photographs without having to wait for people to wander out of the way or worry that someone will want to see what's hanging on the front of that big wooden box while you're under the darkcoth. I'll likely have both 4x5 and 8x10 so if anyone wants to take a spin on either, you're welcome to.

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sugar mill plantation? Sweet!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, it's a nice place to visit. Been there for Bike Week 2001, when BMW riders would camp near Bulow State Park. I think I'm the only motorcyclist who's been to Bike Week who's actually visited Bulow Plantation.

Quite a history there. Have fun.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGrosjean View Post
    Sugar mill plantation? Sweet!
    Doh!

Not to slight bikers in any way, but from what I've seen living here for the last 12 years of so (I live about 20 minutes from Daytona Beach), riding, among other things, take precedence over the parks. Although, Bulow is on The Loop...

- Randy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin