Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,305   Online: 1105

Shooter
    Large Format

Southeast Museum of Photography

The Southeast Museum of Photography has re-opened in new quarters on the Daytona Beach Community College Campus. The new exhibits include prints by Andre Kertesz, Steve McCurry and two Iranian photographers.

Shooter
    Large Format
    This Saturday (11/10) a group of us went to the Museum. The new building is right on International Speedway Drive about 1 mile East of the Speedway (hard to miss). The space is very nice easily holding the 4 exhibits. The Kertesz exhibit includes contact prints from his Hungarian period as well as his later Polaroids. The Hungarian prints were small; probably the negatives from a Goerz Tenax camera (luckily, I had a 3+ eyeglass that I use for viewing the ground glass). Some of the rural scenes are very captivating. The Polaroids were interesting more from a graphical design perspective.

The Mike McCurry dye coupler prints were large & many were stunning. The Iranian photographers' exhibits were interesting too. Highly recommend a visit if in the Daytona area.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Are you in jax, I live in Starke

Shooter
    Large Format

Harn Museum, Gainesville

I'm in Jax Beach area near Intercoastal. There is actually a few of us LF photographers in the area. I keep an email list announcing events for our little group. Let me know if you're interested. Btw, there is a photography exhibit at Harn Museum in Gainesville - modernist photographers including most of the greats from 20th century ( see Harn Museum schedule )
    Last edited by doughowk; 11-27-2007 at 05:31 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding title

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi doughowk
    The exhibit at the Harn is very good, I saw it a few weeks ago. My email is images@mmgriffis.com I would like to be on your mailing list.

Shooter
    Large Format

Harn Museum

Added to list. Should be sending out soon an outing schedule for 1st half of next year.

Thanks for the info on the Harn exhibit - my wife & I hope to visit it this Saturday. The level of photography exhibits in this area is encouraging.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin