Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,838   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi,
    Just found this site. Looks great! Need to join
    Try Fulmer Photo in sparkling , downtown, Clearwater!
    They are just holding on but they are still there. Mr. Fulmer is still there!
    Limited 4x5, some 120 rolls, a few chemicals, and at least 40 plus years of stuff!
    enjoy,
    randy webster
    largo, fl

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks, suncat!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat33770 View Post
    Hi,
    Just found this site. Looks great! Need to join
    Try Fulmer Photo in sparkling , downtown, Clearwater!
    They are just holding on but they are still there. Mr. Fulmer is still there!
    Limited 4x5, some 120 rolls, a few chemicals, and at least 40 plus years of stuff!
    enjoy,
    randy webster
    largo, fl
    Guess I'll have to check it out when my dad and I go see that exhibition in St. Pete. Have the Scientologists bought his building yet? :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Apologies in advance for resurrecting a rather old thread, but this is good info for all.

The only labs I'm aware of in the tri-county south (miami-dade, broward, palm beach) - are Chromatek (3400 Powerline Road - Fort lauderdale) - and Dale Labs (2960 Simms Street Hollywood) - http://www.dalelabs.com/ .

Chromatek is an imaging place geared towards making signage and graphics that I think just happens to have a c-41 and e-6 processor and enlargers. Dale Labs is a traditional lab with very good quality service. Both places sell a very limited amount of stuff - Chromatek has an odd assortment of sheet film and some 35mm pro stuff. Dale Labs only 35mm negative and slide film - no 120 at all, perhaps some sheet film from time to time. They also have some pro gear for sale.

The next closest place I've found is Colonial Photo / Hobby in Orlando - the bees knees of photo stores. You can get anything you want here, I bought everything I needed for B&W D-76 processing. film in all formats and styles. They also have a great selection of gear. I did not go to Harmon when i was in town - Colonial had what I wanted and more!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using Reedycolor.com out of St Pete for some time. They truly take good care of me and do B&W well. I mostly use them for C41 and scan. I then send back the negs for prints and have always been happy. Even sent them 17 rolls of film once just to scan to digital. Freestyle is my bet for supplies. Many things are available from the big guys in NY, but everything shipped from Freestyle is packaged like it is work a thousand dollars. I have never seen such well packaged materials and so reasonably priced shipping charges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For processing there is a great lab-Dale Labs in Hollywood Fl. I am not sure how close that is to you. They do great work by mail or you can go to their store. I believe they told me they sell film there too. For all of you film and other supply purchases use Freestyle (freestylephoto.biz). You can mail order, order over the phone, or order on-line from them. Good luck.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    used to live in sarasota - great place, but no photo store infrastructure...

closest is Lake Shore Camera in Clearwater (mostly digital) and North Tampa Photography, (still working hard to support film, but....) - they are shadows of what you think of as a 'real" photo stores used to be. then a lot of things have changed....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin